Baby Showers
Options

Favor ideas?

What are some of your favorite ideas for favors?  I don't like the idea of something cheap/knick knack-ish that everyone will just throw away after.  My mom/aunts are hosting and probably don't have too much in the budget for favors either, but they asked if I had any ideas.

They are doing a "nesting" theme so I had one idea..  I thought it might be cute to make cupcakes with chocolate frosting, shredded coconut and put little jelly beans on the tops for eggs.  Since we are already having a regular cake though, would a cupcake be a lame idea for a favor?  I thought maybe if we displayed them, then had little containers each guest could take one home.  Or is that cake overload?  Thanks!

Re: Favor ideas?

• Options
    Work is blocking that site lol, no clue why but I'll check it out when I get home, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could do a little cellohphane baggie with some little chocolate eggs in it tied with a pretty bow and you can find lots of labels at etsy.com
  • Options

I'm giving each guest a small candle with a little note that asks them to light the candle when they hear that LO is on his way (or when they hear that he's arrived) and to say a little blessing for our new family.

I think it will be nice to think of all these little candles burning somewhere out there while I'm in labor, and to remember the support of my friends and family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You can make nests with little truffle eggs in them. check out my etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/nholt look for the bird nest favors.

I also own my own truffle business and make adorable little peas in a pod, they are on my etsy shop too! and also make baby block boxes with truffles inside. contact me at lustchocolates@yahoo.com if you are interested!

natalie

• Options
    Babies r Us has some really cute candles. They are little cinnamon bun candles and they are packaged inside little cardboard boxes that look like ovens with a tag saying something about a bun in the oven.
  • Options
    Can't have too much cake.  I think it is a cute idea.  There is a website for Serendipity favors and they have some great ones.
  • Options

Food is always great.

For one of mine they did mason jars with M&M's with my baby boys name on them tied with a pretty bow and a really nice tag from etsy.  The tag said thank's for coming and that a donation had been made in his honor to one of our favorite charities.  Then in a double frame on the favor table there was a little write up on the charity and why it was special to us.  Everyone loved it and liked that it was different.  

• Options
    imagejmlushbough:

I'm giving each guest a small candle with a little note that asks them to light the candle when they hear that LO is on his way (or when they hear that he's arrived) and to say a little blessing for our new family.

I think it will be nice to think of all these little candles burning somewhere out there while I'm in labor, and to remember the support of my friends and family.

I think this is so cute and thoughtful.  :-)

• Options

I love the cup cake idea, the craft stores (Michaels, AC Moore, Joann) may have the little cardboard boxes for the guests to take them home in too.  Even Walmart may, they have really stepped up their craft department. 

The chocolates and the cookies are cute too.

• Options
    imageJonoline:
    imagejmlushbough:

This is such a sweet idea!

I think this is so cute and thoughtful.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"