Maryland Babies
Options

Kathy Slone

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and just made my first appt with her office. Does anyone have any feedback on her/her office and what I can expect at my first appt? Does she do typically do an ultrasound? Thanks!

Re: Kathy Slone

• Options

I lOOOOOOOOOVE her and Bayla and Kate. They rock. I had my first appt at  9.5 weeks I think. I have had one appt with each midwife, by my second appt the front desk staff knew me by name. Everytime I met a new midwife I left thinking "I hope she delivers my baby". now that I have met them all I know that I will be thrilled with whoever is there with me when I deliver.

At about  9 weeks I had a little spotting and called the office and asked if I could go in for an U/S, theyw rote me a script and called the nearest U/S place that day.

I could go on and on. I am so happy I decided to go with this practice this time. 

• Options
    I have heard great things about her practice as well.  If I am thinking of the right place I think that both of her other two mws are new and as such I think their transfer rates might be a little higher.  Something that you might want to look into.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't say enough good things about Kathy and her team. We met with her when I was about 6 weeks, and had our first appointment around 8 weeks (I think). You will meet with each midwife throughout your pregnancy (there are 3 in the practice) and each one of them are very professional and kind. Their office staff will know you by name and treat you with total respect. Her practice is more personalized, and the first appointment will generally be the longest. She'll ask you a large list of questions and give you an exam. She'll write you a script to get an ultrasound and blood work done (she does not do those things in office). Also, one of the midwives is always on call, so if you wake up in the middle of the night and feel strange, or have a burning question about what is happening to your body or your baby, they are just a phone call away. I'm 26 weeks now, and have been nothing but happy with the relationship that I've built with this practice.
  • Options
    Besides reiterating all of the wonderful things everyone else said (I totally agree that I also loved all three and each time thought, "I hope she delivers my baby"), I will warn you that the office is a little sketchy.  It's in a residential apartment building and you have to cut through the properrty manager's office to get there since the front doors of the building are locked. The office furniture is also a little run down and outdated looking and things are a bit cluttered at the office manager's desk. Once you get past the sketchiness, get to know them, realize that they are well respected at Mercy, and remember that women have been delivering babies for a long time and the office check up space doesn't need to be fancy and modern, everything else is great. I did make the mistake of bringing my mother to my appointment (she was already weirded out that I'm seeing a midwife instead of an OB) and she was immediately put off by the office space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm looking into her practice to VBAC. I delivered at GBMC and had intervention after intervention that led to a C-section that my husband wasn't allowed to attend because I was put under. I don't want the same expeience again.  They have a very good rate for VBACs from what I can find out about their practice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"