3rd Trimester

which Pack n Play did you get, and why?

I didn't research this as carefully as everything else; which one are you buying and why?

Re: which Pack n Play did you get, and why?

• We got a used one from my cousin's wife. It's a Graco and has the changer on top.
  • I got the Graco I think Hamilton Pack and Play.  It comes with a changing table attachment that I don't plan on using.  But there is a bassinet.  I have mine all set up already for when LO gets here and we are downstairs for naptime!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Graco Little Hoot. My brother used Gracos for his son and we loved them. So, the brand was a no-brainer, having had a good experience. Then, we chose the Little Hoot because we liked the pattern and it has both the bassinet feature (will be in our room for the first few weeks, where LO will sleep) and a changing station feature. It's super easy to put up and take down too and easy to clean.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Graco Little Hoot....because my mom liked it and it's being kept at her house. She wanted something neutral that both my niece (10 months) and my son could use.
  • We got the Graco lil' hoot pattern. We liked the changing table attachment. I also love the pattern.  Our friend got it for us, and I liked how Target offered free shipping and handling for it.
  • We got the Carter's Safari Friends from Babies R Us. It had good ratings, loved the design, I loved the storage and "flip up" feature of the changing table, and it was fairly affordable. $149 but with coupons/sales we got it for $110.

• we also got the graco lil' hoot....good brand and has the basinet and changer features we wanted.  we were origionally going to get one with a newborn napper but ten i heard it could be a SIDS risk
  • I have a bare bones Graco. I would think about whether you need all the extra features before you buy one. The changer is pretty flimsy and can't be used for long.  Instead of the vibrating feature we put our bouncer in the PnP for the 2 weeks it was in our room. DS liked that better since he was inclined. Now since we put DS in his room once I recovered enough from the c/s we have yet to use the PnP again. So really, the bare bones fits us perfectly and I only spent less than $70.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Graco Utopia... had all the features that I wanted.
  • I got the Graco PnP in Splash because 1) it was the only one I liked the look of and wouldn't mind in my living room, and 2) it was on sale for a really good price. I did not want a newborn napper as I've heard they are a waste.

• Graco Betsey, it has a few extra features and we are going to use it for a few months since we hope to be moving into a bigger place at which time we'll get a nice crib and changing table.
  • I got the Graco one (tan with green and brown elephants) b/c Graco stuff is usually recommended, rated high, etc. (from Baby Bargains, customer service reviews, message boards, and word of mouth, at least in my experience).  It cost about $70 but i used either a 15% or 20% off coupon so i got it for less; most of the others are over $100!  I wanted a kind with a bassinet (sp?) feature so he could sleep in there next to me when he's really little, and also my SIL has a Graco and said it was really easy to use for travel and stuff.  Good luck!
  • We wanted something neutral to use for future children too. Honestly, I wanted the Utopia pattern but when I saw it in person it was quite a bit wider than the other models so we went with the Hamilton, which I also really like. They both have the changer, music/vibration, and newborn napper. The newborn napper seems a little pointless so we'll see if it get used. My mom got the Pippin pattern to keep at her house. She wanted something more basic. It's absolutely adorable.

• Oh, and I did NOT want the "newborn napper" b/c apparently you're not allowed to sleep your kid in there at night b/c of SIDS.  I can't remember where i heard that (this board?) but it was a few months back.  The regular bassinet, which is removable, is what i wanted for when he's really little.
  • Graco in "Utopia" with changer--I knew I wanted one with a changer and I really liked this pattern. ?Most of our baby's stuff has chocolate brown on it somewhere so this worked well, plus it didn't look like it would show dirtiness easily. ?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Graco, in Townsend.

I liked the colors, the vibrating bassinet, the changing table, the storage, the musical/light up mobile... 
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageathena83:
    Oh, and I did NOT want the "newborn napper" b/c apparently you're not allowed to sleep your kid in there at night b/c of SIDS.  I can't remember where i heard that (this board?) but it was a few months back.  The regular bassinet, which is removable, is what i wanted for when he's really little.

Good to know. I had no idea about the SIDS risk. I just thought it was one of those pointless extras I wouldn't use. One less thing to have to deal with now I guess.

• We got the Carter safari friends, too... actually we just got it today at my Baby Shower!  I liked the storage features, the flip-up changer, and the pattern matches the colors in our living room really well.  Only drawback was that DH had a heck of a time getting it put together (and he usually pretty handy!) but now that it is up I am loving it!
  • Chicco Lullaby. Great reviews and top rated by consumer reports. Haven't used it yet, though.

Also registered for the Gracco travel PNP for camping, Mimi's house, and a few nights in our room. (the chicco is really big to lug around)

• i got the graco pack n play in kensley. it had good reviews and it was in my price range, and also came in the colors i wanted it, and had features i was looking for. i love it!

https://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/ProductListingPage.aspx?catID=10:43||1&subCatID=11:10460||1&pID=10434:4294958893||1#/1761

• My neighbor gave us the Graco Nouvelle Pack and Play for Christmas.  It was similar to the one I wanted, just a different pattern.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm getting an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper which turns into a pack and play when you are done using the co-sleeper part. I don't want anything with a bunch of stuff on it. We are tight on space.

https://www.armsreach.com/shop-3/the-original-1/aqua-dot-short-liner-15.html

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image

We got this one, because it matches our living room furniture, we will use the changer for the first couple months and then it comes off easily, and we like that you can use the newborn napper in or out of the pack n play.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Graco Elyse Pack n Play. Its the only non gender neutral thing I registered for. But I didn't like the neutral pattern as much. It has a changing pad and a newborn napper. 
  • We got a very simple one with an animal print. It has the bassinet insert and a bar that goes over the top that has three dangly toys, and that's pretty much it. 

We used it in our room occasionally during the first few months, and since then it's only been used for travel or if we have family members visit with LOs.

I'm glad we have it, but we really didn't need the extra bells & whistles -- changing area, storage pockets, sunshade, etc. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • We got a Graco.  It's a Winnie the Pooh one, but I don't know the name of it. It has the bassinet feature and the changing station.  DH put it together last night and it went together easily and folds easily. So far, so good.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Graco Little Hoot.
  • We registered for the Chicco Lullaby in Fuego (bright red). I liked the bold colors, and all the features it has. We travel ~3hrs for a weekend at the in-laws every month (that's when my husband has visitation with his daughter and his parents are close by), so I need something that can serve as a crib, bassinet and changing table depending on the need. I also did NOT want MIL to buy a crib and set up a nursery at her home (as much as she would have loved to), because they're already up in our business enough and I don't need any other pressure to visit there!
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"