Pregnant after a Loss

What do babies sleep in during the summer months?

Haha can you tell I'm a first time mom?  Here during June, July, August it's normally in the mid 80s to 90s and gets pretty darn humid. Our house however is generally pretty cool during the summer months....

What do babies sleep in during the summer?  Just a onesie?  A sleeper still?  I just don't know?!?  And after washing all of the clothes today there is just not a whole lot for her in the 3-6 month range as that will be in around that time. 

THANKS!

Re: What do babies sleep in during the summer months?

• Depending upon the temperature that you will keep your house, a onesie could be fine. These gowns are really nice to use:

Keep in mind It's better for the baby to be sleeping in a cool environment than to be too warm, but obviously not in a cold environment.

• On all but the hottest nights, DS slept in cotton (not fleece) footed PJs. ?We keep the air on in the summer, and he doesn't have any covers.

One word of advice - your LO may be larger/smaller than average, and may not be in 3-6 month stuff exactly in line with her age. ?For example, by the time he was 2 months old, DS was in 3-6 months stuff. ?They go through major growth spurts (he was only 7lbs 13 oz at birth, but put on 3 pounds in the first month.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mommy of two July babies...Aubrey July 21st 2005 and Ella July 22nd 8008!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the sleep saks for my girls.  The have the ones that are like dresses just in cotton.  As I am sure you know babies can't use blankets so I always put my girls in sleepers or sleep saks.  I even used fleece ones.  As far as sleepers go I like the zipper ones over the snap ones.  They were just so much less complicated in the middle of the night.  Hope this helps...just my opinion!
  • imagemelissatrenkamp:
    ?As far as sleepers go I like the zipper ones over the snap ones.? They were just so much less complicated in the middle of the night. ?

Ditto re: zipper sleepers. ?I refuse to use anything else, even though DS STTN now. ?Too hard to match up snaps in the middle of the night!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And those cotton gowns are great!
  • imageLawLove08:

imagemelissatrenkamp:
    ?As far as sleepers go I like the zipper ones over the snap ones.? They were just so much less complicated in the middle of the night. ?

Ditto re: zipper sleepers. ?I refuse to use anything else, even though DS STTN now. ?Too hard to match up snaps in the middle of the night!!

Oh good advice. Wouldn't have thought of that! Thanks! Cara thanks for asking this!?

• We don't have central AC, so I'll probably just use a onesie in the summer.
  • A sleeper & a fleece sleep sack was my choice for DS
    We have the AC cranking in the summer 
    I sleep in a tank top & shorts but I also sleep under a huge comforter & he could not. 
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • We have done different things as his size changed, but not so much with the weather. We keep our house pretty cool, winter or summer. I think in the summer he wore mostly footed sleepers alone or a long sleeved onesie with a lightweight (cotton) sleepsack. We swaddled with a muslin blanket and something sleeveless or short-sleeved underneath until he was 4 months (July). In the winter our house is a few degrees cooler than we set the A/C for summer, so we layer the footed sleepers under a sleepsack on cool nights. Really, what he wears varies based on how cool his room feels that night.

ETA: cotton footed sleepers, not fleece. He is WAY too warm most of the time for fleece. We do fleece in the winter daytime and have a sleeveless fleece sleepsack, but the sleepers are cotton.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am glad you asked this. I wondered the same thing :)
  • Some nights I would put DD down in just her diaper, if it's too hot for you to wear long sleeves and pants to bed, it's too hot for her.  I usually put just a onsie on her, we do have air conditioning, but the bedrooms are still hot.  If she was sweating when I checked on her I'd take off a layer. 
  • When I was growing up, my mom would use a onesie or just a diaper if it was really hot.  But for us, since we use air conditioning, there really isn't a difference in what we put on DS (and will put on the baby) in the summer.  We REALLY liked the gowns because they make for easy middle of the night diaper changes.  We also used regular snap sleepers.  

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Our's slept in a crib in his sleep sack with a onsie and no socks. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"