Boston Babies

Ob recommendation at Brigham and Women's (B&W)?

I need to choose an Ob like yesterday. I was just released from my RE (IVF) and I have no idea where to start. My RE suggested Karen Girard and a friend of a friend suggested Cline/Katz/Zinner, but I don't know anything more about any of them. Anyone have any experience with any of these or can recommend anyone else that delivers at B&W? I live in Cambridge and work in Boston so anything in Boston/Brookline/Cambridge/Newton area is fine. Thanks so much!! 

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: Ob recommendation at Brigham and Women's (B&W)?

• I had a great experience with New England OBGYN.  They are a practice of about 7 doctors and they are all great.  You will have a primary doc and then rotate through the rest of them.  I have had several friends who also used this practice and I think they are the best. They are located on Brookline ave, right near Rte 9, and not far at all from Brigham.  Here is their website.  Good luck!

https://www.neobgyn.org/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!! Any specific dr you'd recommend or any one?   

P.S.congratulations on your beautiful little boy!

Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Katz/Zinner group is excellent and recommended by L&D nurses at the Brigham. I too am a Brigham nurse.
  • argh - thanks so much for responding - i called zinner et al yesterday and they are not taking any more August deliveries :(  I've left messages at NEOBGyn and another but have not gotten any calls back yet. After going through so much to get pregnant, this is really stressful. :(

• I have Dr. Greenberg who I like a lot. Here is the link to the other Physicians in the practice. You can try the Faulkner office.  Good Luck!

https://www.brighamandwomens.org/bwfobgyn/aboutUs.aspx

• I had my first w/Dr. Karen Girard.  She is great. Down to earth and easy to talk to...

Brigham Obstetrics and Gynecology Group
    850 Boylston Street, Suite 575
    Chestnut Hill, MA  02467
    Phone: (617) 732-9100

• I have Dr. Zinner and she is great! I actually have an appointment with her this week I can ask her who else she recommends and get back to you.
  • Thanks everyone. I got a call back from NEObGyn and have an appt thIs week. I am so relieved. :) Thanks for all your help!  Happy New Year

• I've seen Dr. Karen Girard. She was nice. In her office are 4 other OBs as well. Dr Goldman who is nice but fru-fruey. Dr Olsen doesn;t have the best bedside manner but he is the one that actaully delivered me and was great in the delivery room. and ther is one other that I can;t remember. They are all at 850 Boyston St in Chestnut Hill ( Rte 9). they have you meet with all the docors because you never know who is going to be on call they day you go into labor. My OB is not there anymore. She moved out to the Denver area she was really nice and I liked her. 
  • Dr Alice Vincent is THE BEST!
  • two of my friends see Dr. Goldman and adore him. He's in Chestnut Hill I believe.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have 2 friends that recommended Dr. Monsoor. (sp)
  • Hi,

My baby was delivered @ Brigham's by Alice Vincent fron New England OBGYN in Nov09. My OB is Paula Kolbas but Dr Vincent was on call at the time.  I've met them all & highly recommend Dr. Vincent!  Her shift ended as I was in labor but she wanted to stay (the extra 6 hours) to see my delivery through.  In addition, my recovery was painless & quick and I had to have an episiotomy.  

That's my experience...Good Luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"