Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How many poopy diapers/day for 6/7 month old?

We have had LO on solids since about 5 months, but now he is up to 3 solid meals a day.  As a result, he has a LOT more poopy diapers than before.  I know what goes in must come out, but GEEZ, I'm talking a lot of dirty diapers!!  I have lost count today, but think we have had 4 or 5. Is this normal??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How many poopy diapers/day for 6/7 month old?

• Per day?  We're at about one per week right now!  Just started solids 3 weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The girls have gone down to 1ish a day since introducing foods.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We are not giving solids 3 times a day yet.  We only do solids twice a day.  DS at that age and even now only one poopy diaper a day.
    31 months!
  • DD eats 2-3 solid meals per day.  We change anywhere between 3 - 6 poopy diapers a day.  LOL 
  • We're doing solids twice a day and she's down to a poopy diaper about once every 2 days. Before solids it was 1-2 per day.
  • We used to only have 1 poopy diaper a day, but now that we are doing solids twice a day I've also noticed an increase them.  Now I would say between 2-3 a day is pretty average for my DS.  I think it's perfectly fine to have a few more than that though as long as it doesn't look unusual or seem to be causing your little one discomfort.
  • G gets solids 3 times a day and some days he has 5 poopy diapers. I was wondering if I was over feeding him because before solids he would go 2-3 days without one some times but I guess its normal.
  • Like you I EBF my DS.   I was complaining to friends the other day about all the poopy diapers.  They suggested the reason he has so many is because he's BF.  Their babies are FF and only have BM's every other day or so.  IDK if that's true, but that was their suggestion.  Seems like it might make sense since BM is digested quickly & BF babies generally have looser stools.

Just a thought.  It sucks though cause we're going through diapers like he's a newborn!

• J is apooing machine! It drives me crazy!! I plan on bringing it up to ped at our appt next month, but I think DS was like this as well.....and I don't BF, so IDK how true that is about the breastmilk.
  • 1-2 tops here. He has been on solids since 4 months.
  • DD does solids once a day...we're going to start twice soon. She has one poopy diaper a day.
  • C is BF with 2 meals of solids a day and usually has 1 poopy diaper a day, sometimes 2, rarely none.  He's been eating solids for about a month.
  • We went from 1 dirty diaper every 2-3 days to 2-4 poopy diapers a day.  They increased within a few days of starting solids.

I've heard that once you start solids you should have at least one a day.

• imagegrinsandgiggles:

We went from 1 dirty diaper every 2-3 days to 2-4 poopy diapers a day.  They increased within a few days of starting solids.

I've heard that once you start solids you should have at least one a day.

This is us too!

• Sometimes one, but usually two.

DS eats 3 solids meals per day.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"