Babies: 3 - 6 Months

meat loaf?

anyone have a easy recipe for meat loaf? DH is wanting some tonight and i never have cooked it before. I know there isnt much to it.... and I am a pretty good cook.. just never taken a stab at meat loaf.

TIA!

Re: meat loaf?

• I don't eat beef so we make turkey meatloaf (DH actually prefers it!) and I mix mine with 1 egg, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, mustard, diced onions, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper, diced apples, some frozen chopped spinach, a little olive oil and bake it for about an hour or so, till nice and crispy on top. I dip mine in ketchup :) and always serve it with mashed potatoes and peas!

YUM...now I want meatloaf! 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I use this one using ground turkey I think you'd be able to use beef

Cheesy meatloaf

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground turkey
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 3/4 pound Colby cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    • 1/2 cup ketchup (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    2. In a bowl, mix the turkey, milk, bread crumbs, and eggs by hand. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the cheese cubes into the mixture. Transfer to a loaf pan, and top with ketchup.
    3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I mix ground beef and sometimes a little bit of ground sausage...bread crumbs, ketchup, an egg or two, chopped onion, and I think that's it.  I just put enough of each to make a good consistency. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband doesn't think he likes meatloaf - so I call them "sliders" and serve him these:

1 ? lbs. ground beef, extra lean (raw)

? cup dry breadcrumbs

? cup chopped onions

Mont. Inn BBQ Sauce, (or your favorite BBQ sauce)

1 Tbsp. regular mustard

1 ? tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. garlic powder

? tsp. salt

? tsp. pepper

2 large egg whites

• Preheat oven to 350
    • Combine 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce with the rest of the ingredience in a large bowl.  The best way is to use your hands.
    • Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Tin should make 12 muffins
    • Shape meat mixture into balls and put one in each muffin space
    • Top each slider with 2 tsp. of BBQ sauce
    • Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes.
    • Serves 6

Sshhh!

Enjoy!

• This is our favorite meatloaf recipe...it's so yummy

PinWheel Meatloaf

1.5lbs ground beef

1c. soft bread crumbs

1 egg

1/2 tsp salt

8oz can tomato sauce

2c shredded cheddar cheese

Mix first 4 ingredients and 1/2 tomato suace. Pat meat to 14x10 on foil.  Sprinkle 1.5 cups of cheese, roll the meatloaf (starting from the shorter side). Seal the edges (I squish the meat together).

Transfer to pan, seam side down. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.

It's so good we had it for leftovers last night on hamburger buns...it's delicious! 

• I'm a simpleton when it comes to meat loaf. :)

I buy the McCormick meat loaf mix in the pack...and it tells you on the back everything you need. Which isn't much...like 2 eggs, milk, bread (optional), and ketchup. very easy...and tasty!

• 1lb ground beef, 1 egg, 1 pkg of onion soup mix, 1 cup of cracker or bread crumbs. Mix em all together, bake in a pan. FANtastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh my gosh I have the BEST meatloaf receipie...I made it last night actually. It's a WW one, Mexican Meatloaf. It's not your Momma's meatloaf! :)

1/2lb Ground Turkey, 1/2lb Ground Beef 97%fatfree(3%fat), 1cup Stove Top Stuffing mix (cornbread flavor), 1/4tsp ground cumin, 1/2tsp chili pepper, 4oz diced green chilies (do not 'drain'), 2 large egg whites, one small onion diced (I use about 1/2 regular size red onion becuse I dont like too much), 8oz Enchalada Sauce (you can use HOT if you like really spicy). Mix everything today with half of the enchalada sauce (you save the other half to use later). Place on a broiler pan (if you have one. otherwise I use a 9x9 cassarole dish) and shape into an oval. There is not much grease; they reccomend the broiler pan because it's WW and they want the least amount of grease, so the idea being it'll drain off. Anyway, Bake at 400* for one hour. At 55min, pour the remaining enchalada sauce over the top and finish baking.

Serves 6! and oh so yummy!

• Thanks Ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"