Northern California Babies
Options

planning for summer: white swimsuit?

My brain is in planning mode for our summer vacation.  Two weeks near or on the beach in the Philippines with my ILs. :)  I need to make it fun for myself and that means new swim wear.  Must be frugal, fit a big busted mama properly, and be decent enough for wear around extended family (who are all much much smaller than I am).

I love the look of white swim suits.  On models.  I normally go for black but love a fun color too (i'm considering either red or yellow too).

So would you try white?  Have you successfully worn a white suit without feeling like you are naked at the pool?

Specifically, what about this one?

Re: planning for summer: white swimsuit?

• Options

I personally would not wear a white swimsuit...between my pale skin and my size I just don't think it would be attractive and I'd be uncomfortable. 

I think that's a really cute suit though.

• Options
    Ive worn white & always feel about 4 sizes larger when I wear white. BUT I agree that its really cute!! I think yellow is a good option too!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no! White shows the nipples off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I see them on other people and think they look great. I think I'd be too self conscious in white. Its a cute suit though.
  • Options

imageamyfelice:
    Oh no! White shows the nipples off. 

This!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No plain white for me....it makes me look so pale...I think white bathing suits look best for those with darker skin. 

• Options
    Not for me, I like the style but I would choose a different color.
  • Options
    I bought a white bikini for our HM, I like the look of them too, especially if you're going somewhere tropical. Since we were married in late November, i got the whole thing on clearance for like $8! I like the one you're thinking about... I say go for it, you can always return it. :-)
  • Options
    i wouldnt do it. But then again i wont even wear a suit with out   board shorts. So what do i know? :) cute suit though. and ditto on the nipples showing
  • Options

I used to have a white bikini when I was very thin and tan. Now, not so much. :)

I just bought a really cute suit from Target that matches what you're looking for. Let me see if I can find it online.

• Options

Dang. I don't see it online. Anyway, it's a black suit hat has ties that control how much skin you show. :) I have a photo if you're interested. It was $30 at "our" Target a week or two ago.

• Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!  I have never tried a white suit, nor been super inclined to but it's so cute.  Hearing from my nesties that it is a bad idea curbs the urge and I'll get black instead. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"