North Florida Babies
Options

Hi, New and have a ?

Hey, I just recently moved to the Gainesville area from Chicago, and I've also just gotten my BFP. I need help finding an OB and I was wondering of you ladies could give and recs or warnings about docs that are good, or ones that are bad. Thanks!

Also, Hi and nice to meet you.

DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13

Re: Hi, New and have a ?

• Options

I used the North Florida OB/GYN group attached to Baptist South - Drs. Paulk, Connor, Greenhaw, Greenwald, VanBennekom and Stoddard.  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them.

What kind of practice are you looking for?  Do you plan to deliver med-free or not?  Okay with interventions or no?

I can give you some more names of people my friends have used, but your answers to those questions alter who I'd suggest :)

Congrats on your pregnancy!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

I am not sure if you want a Gainesville Practice or a Jacksonville one. I know Gainesville has many great practices with Shands being there but I don't know of any personally. Try, momslikeme.com (I think that is it) to find other Gainesville moms who might know of a practice. You could also try the nest board, there is MUCH more activity over there.

If you are interested in a Jacksonville group, I went with FABEN obgyn at Baptist downtown and loved them. They are an all female practice and have a midwife. They only have one location though. Hope this helps and congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Gainesville and I use The Women's Center at North Florida Regional Medical Center. I had my son there 6 years ago and I look forward to having my next delivered there as well. The practice I go to is on the 5th floor, I see Dr Brazel. I love him. There are some females in the practice if you prefer, but I def suggest them. Let me know if you need any more info, I'd be glad to help.
  • Options
    I'm an idiot, I didn't realize you said Gainesville and not Jax!  Ignore my reply :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"