Philadelphia Babies
Options

Professional Health Care For Women in Philly

Hi Ladies, Does anyone else see the doctors at Professional Health Care For Women located in the Curtis Bldg. in Philly? My regular ob/gyn is Dr. Kolecki but she is out on maternity leave until Jan. I am scheduled for my first appointment on Dec. 1st with Dr. Alam (not sure of the spelling), does anyone know anything about her? Also what is done at the 1st appointment there? I am really hoping for a u/s to make sure everything is ok because I had a m/c at about 10 wks. Thanks!

Re: Professional Health Care For Women in Philly

• Options

hi- that is so funny; I had nearly the same situation! I am a patient of Dr. Kolecki's, and she was also out on maternity leave at the beginning of my pregnancy (this must be her 3rd child?); I also was concerned b/c I had a miscarriage previously.

I can't help you with Dr. Alam (she must be new?), but they will make sure you see every doctor there at least once before you deliver, so at the very least, you'll get her out of the way! I really liked everyone I saw there except Dr. Parrott- just didn't like his bedside manner.

The first appt was ok. I did have an internal (if I had a "1st" appt again, I would refuse this, FYI), and weight and measurement, and a lot of paperwork. 

Good luck!

• Options

Hi!  I've been going to Professional Health Care for Women since 2005.  I usually see Dr. Kolecki as well, however, Dr. Parrott delivered my son and I agree about the bedside manor (or lack thereof)! 

A close friend of mine moved to Philly recently and saw Dr. Alam throughout her entire pregnancy...she raved about her.  Said she's in her early 30's, great dr, lets her ask all the questions she wants, very down to earth.  I believe she transferred from an obgyn in Chicago.  Good luck!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"