Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone NOT lose weight w/ The Shred?

For the past three weeks, I have not gained, but I haven't lost any weight either.  I'm doing WW and the shred (pretty much everyday...except for the days I do zumba)...anyway, I was talking with a friend who is doing it also and having the same results. We concluded that it's possible that we are building muscle doing the Shred and therefore, not losing any weight.  Just curious if others have had this happen.

Re: Anyone NOT lose weight w/ The Shred?

• I also doing WW (on my own) and after a week I only went down a pound. :( which is weird because 3 days after, I went down 3) Anyway, I'm trying to stay motivated by remembering how I feel.  My pants are already looser, I feel better.  The weight number is only a number for me at this point.

It could be muscle for sure!

someecards.com - You're like the Comic Sans in a world of Times New Roman.
  • Day 11 + WW + an extra sculpting class and this time I am not dropping weight. But I did measure and I am dropping inches. The first time I lost 65 pounds with shred help. This time none but I am happy at how I am getting so much stronger and thinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not with the shred, but when I was running, I was losing inches but not weight.  Focus on your clothes, if they are loose, you are doing a good job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't lose any weight, but then again, I suppose the point is to take the DVD out of the case and actually put it into the player. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • when you start any weight training program, your body is going to react by retaining water in your muscles.  it usually takes about a month to see progress from this type of workout.  then once you do, it seems almost instant. :-)
  • do you not have a lot of weight to lose in the first place?   are you going over your points?  seems strange hmm
  • imageameliasmom:
    Not with the shred, but when I was running, I was losing inches but not weight.  Focus on your clothes, if they are loose, you are doing a good job.
    Yes
  • I lost a lot at first, like 3-4 pounds but haven't lost any since. I think I'm building muscle, I hope so. I do notice my clothes being a little looser so hopefully that's what's going on.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • i did the shred along with pilates, and got great results. Not sure which one is the main reason why i lost so much though.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did the shred quite a bit back during my last month of maternity leave. i don't think i lost any weight. i did end up losing the rest of the baby weight after i stopped doing it, and went back to work. lol
  • imageLonghornMomma:
    when you start any weight training program, your body is going to react by retaining water in your muscles.  it usually takes about a month to see progress from this type of workout.  then once you do, it seems almost instant. :-)

This is very true for me. And I retain A LOT of water when I begin weight training. Sometimes I gain weight, then lose. It took me about a month to see progress. Stick with it. :-) I love The Shred.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hahaha this is a funny thread.  Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.  Didn't you get Vitamin B shots to lose weight?
  • imageexhausted_bride:

imageLonghornMomma:
    when you start any weight training program, your body is going to react by retaining water in your muscles.  it usually takes about a month to see progress from this type of workout.  then once you do, it seems almost instant. :-)

This is very true for me. And I retain A LOT of water when I begin weight training. Sometimes I gain weight, then lose. It took me about a month to see progress. Stick with it. :-) I love The Shred.

This is 100% true,  but a lot of women don't know this.  I think that thinking you are going to lose 20lbs in 30 days is crazy unless you are very much overweight.  For me it's not complicated to do and I sweat like crazy.  Plus I am working more muscles than I would just jogging on a treadmill.  I am totally out of shape and have a good 20lbs to lose but I would be happy to lose it by summer...not in a month.

• Jillian Michaels sucks enough to help 500 pound people get down to 150 pounds. SUCKS I TELL YOU!
  • imageJARbaby:
    Jillian Michaels sucks enough to help 500 pound people get down to 150 pounds. SUCKS I TELL YOU!

This is true...BUT they don't do just 20min work outs at the "ranch" they do HOURS of working out.  I think I could lose my 20lbs if I had her yelling in my ear for an hour a day too. 

• I've spoken to one of the BL contestants who said that they worked out an average of 6 hours a day. I'd lost my 60 pounds then too.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • imageLukeAndAmanda:
    I've spoken to one of the BL contestants who said that they worked out an average of 6 hours a day. I'd lost my 60 pounds then too.

Did you really?!?!  Who?  And where?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"