Parenting
Options

Home from Richmond! Had so much fun!

The Gov. of Va invited all of the VT shooting victims family members up to the Gov. Mansion for a small get together.  I hadnt been there since I was in 7th grade.  I love history and was really excited to get to go back.  My sister lives in Richmond and my mom and gam stayed the night with them.  Dh and I had to drive up and back in one day.  4hr drive one way.  :( 

This was our last meeting with him before he goes out of office.  He wanted to get us all together one last time for a no business type gathering.  The other times we have met with him it has been to work on gun laws, mental health laws and the Panel report.  It was nice to talk with him and the other families in a more casual setting. 

Afterwards we all went to a lovely little pizza place (bottoms up for those familiar with Richmond) with some of the other families. 

We took some pics of us being goofy in the mansion.  The Gov was so nice and down to earth.  His wife Ann lived there as a teen when her dad was Gov. and now as the wife of the Gov.  She is the only person to live in the Mansion as a child and an adult.  She told us some stories about growing up there and then raising her kids there for the past 4 yrs. 

I'll post pics later. 

It was a long day that started at 7:30am and we didnt get home until 1am.  But it was fun to be with friends and family kid free for a day. 

Re: Home from Richmond! Had so much fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"