D.C. Area Babies

Looking for Doula recommendations in NoVA

We are thinking of hiring a doula for the birth of our child, but I am completely overwhelmed (having looked at the list on www.dona.org).  I am  hoping that someone here may have used one or has a recommendation for one.  Any information you are willing & able to provide will be greatly appreciated.

TIA 

Re: Looking for Doula recommendations in NoVA

• YGPM!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love Amy Bookwalter www.rosebuddoula.net .  If she's not available, she has a network of other doulas she works closely with who are great (Marilyn especially).  Amy was highly recommended to us by several people otherwise we probably would have never even considered using a doula.  

• Loading the player...
  • Lori Cooper with Transitions Birth Doulas.  www.transitionsbirthdoulas.com

She assisted our homebirth and was fantastic. I'm looking forward to getting pregnant again just so I can hire her a second time!

She's well connected in the area and was a priceless resource--we had originally planned a hospital birth but changed our minds midway through the pregnancy, too late to get into the BirthCare practice.  She helped me find an independent midwife and also talked to me in length about homebirth which helped to facilitate my decision.  She came to our home twice before Roscoe was born to further get to know us, to provide hands on instruction for pain management, and to work on a birth plan.  She also came to our home within the week after Roscoe was born.  She is so knowledgeable about birth in general, and my husband and I loved her immediately.  She really made me feel confident in my ability to birth naturally.  She really caring, fun, and professional.  I imagine she would be an amazing advocate in hospital.

Check out her services on her website.  She's one of the more expensive doulas in the area, but highly recommended and worth every penny. 

Good luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"