Dropping HCG Question — The Bump
Infertility

Dropping HCG Question

This month was a chemical. My HCG was 57 on Wed. and 25 today. Im going to do my first IVF hopefully next month. My nurse said if my HCG is 0 on Mon. then I can start BCP, if its not she said I have to wait for the next AF. Im sooo impatient! Could it drop this fast? I remember it lingering for a while with my other CP's and MC's. If its close to 0 do you think they will let me start or does it HAVE to be 0? TIA!
1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dropping HCG Question

• Yes, it's possible.  With one of my cp's, I went from 89 on Friday to 2 on Monday.  CP's usually drop quickly.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  Hang in there.
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ginger, I have no idea. But I wanted to say, again, how sad I am about your c/p. I hope that you have a stellar IVF cycle. I'm rooting for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss! Yes, your HCG can drop to zero by Monday - actually if its under 5, its considered negative. 

After my ectopic, my HCG went to 4 after less than 3 weeks and it was well over 4,000 when we found out. 

Good luck and I hope you can start cycling again soon! 

• I think it could. My 1st chemical was an 80 on the 1st day,2 days later it was 42  and 4 days after that it was 0. (It could have been a 0 before that but I was out of town.) I think it does have to be 0 before they will do anything. Hopefully, it will drop and you will be able to get started right away!
    DX AMA + MFI <p>

After almost 5 years, 7 fresh IVF cycles and a few losses along the way, we are excited to move on to domestic infant adoption!<p>

[url="http://theglamorousworldofivf.blogspot.com/"]My IVF Blog[/url]<p>

[url="http://weplanlifehappens.blogspot.com/"]My Adoption Journey[/url]<p>
  • It's definitely possibly.  With my c/ps, my hcg always dropped ridiculously fast.  I'm sorry you have to go through this. 
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageKiki11:
    It's definitely possibly.  With my c/ps, my hcg always dropped ridiculously fast.  I'm sorry you have to go through this. 

This. ((Hugs)) and Im rooting for you too for your next IVF.

TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards