Health & Exercise
Options

Anyone cook a week's worth of meals...

on Sundays? I'm going back to work soon and want to cut out all junk/take-out/fast food. I know the key is to cook healthy meals but who has that kind of time every night. I've heard of people cooking several things on a Sunday and then just heating them up during the week. Is this feasible? Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. TIA
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone cook a week's worth of meals...

• Options

we do this...it's not too hard if you're ok with simple, clean eating..breakfast usually is oatmeal or egg whites and veggie sausage (i have to cook the eggs day of and just take the sausage out of the freezer)...lunch is a protein (fish/turkey/chicken), veggie and sometimes some brown rice...i just put my precooked protein in a container and dump some frozen veggies in there and keep in my lunch bag..by the time luch comes around, i just heat for a few minutes and it's good to go....dinner is  usually the same..yes, very boring but clean and super easy to make ahead of time...we cook all the protein and keep in the fridge..then with the veggies and/or rice, i just use the steam in the bag kinds...meals ready to eat in minutes.....sometimes we'll make a batch of chilli as well...or do beans/rice/protein in containers ..for snacks, my hubby usually makes lil grab bags of carrot sticks, almonds, or i'll buy some fruit to grab......our fridge is basically container city...hth some

i see you're from jersey shore ::::fist pump::::: Big Smile

• Options

I am not a leftovers type of girl so I found planning works best on my part.

I actually plan out the entire month for dinners including side dishes (always a fruit and a vegetable).  I then type of my weekly grocery list and shop during the weekend.

Most of the meals are pretty easy consisting of one day of fish, pork/beef, 2 days of chicken and sometimes a vegetarian.

I am a FCS teacher (aka home economics) so I have a website with my calendar and a weekly grocery list.  My students can get extra credit if they make a dish for their famillies.

If you're interested send me a note (I'm usually on the TTC board) and I'll give you my website! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could definitely keep this up if you cooked even 2-3 dishes on Sunday to last you through Friday.  Just double up the servings and freeze them until you're ready to eat them.  For example, I'll make a giant pot of chili with about 8 servings and freeze half and leave half fresh.
  • Options
    I don't cook a week's worth of meals at once, but whenever I make dinner during the week, I always make a lot more than just DH and I eat for one dinner. Then we have the leftovers for lunches. I cook most weeknights, so we always have leftovers in the fridge to eat when we need it. It works out really well for us.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"