Boston Babies
Options

When to tell?

I'm at 6 weeks and we're having dinner with our parents tonight (both hopefully) and Dh thinks we could tell them tonight. But my first appt is not until Tuesday. I'm just worried, what if something is wrong and we have to un-tell. So, what did you guys do? (Or are you planning to do?)
Momma to four, and we're expecting one more!

Re: When to tell?

• Options
    I really wanted to wait until after the first tri to tell, but at the time we were living with my IL's so we kind of had to tell them in case I had MS. We waited to tell everyone else. My mom was pissed that we waited to tell her, but I am not close with my mom and she's s selfish person so she didn't understand the "waiting bit"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations!!

When to tell is a really personal decision and it seems like people are all over the map on this one!  Personally I told my parents right away and I definetly didn't regret my decision.  I was especially glad I told them because I did end up having a tough time medically in the beiginning and my Mum was so sweet and came to visit me more often  Smile

GL in your decision - I'm sure whenever you tell them they'll be over the moon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It defintely depends on how close you are with the people. We told both sets of parents (and siblings) within a week of the bfp. We waited to tell other people though.

What it comes down to is who you would want to know no matter what happens. There were certain people who I was fine with telling early because I knew they would be there for me if the worst was to happen. For people we didn't want to have to untell, we didn't tell them in the first place (until later).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"