New Jersey Babies
Options

NJ State Family Leave/Disability Leave -- Figured it Out?

Does anyone have this figured out after the 01 July 2009 change?

I had an employee take maternity leave two years ago (she went out early on "bed rest"), but I though the standard was that NJ gave you STD for 6 weeks (at 2/3 pay) for a vaginal birth, and 8 weeks for a c-section.  My understanding was that this was standard for every working woman (in a larger company - over 50 employees), and not for just women with complications.  FMLA was desgined so you wouldn't lose your job when you came back, it didn't compensate your pay.

Now there is a July 1st updated for 6 weeks of 2/3 pay under the Family Leave Act that references your "disability pay." 

Is this an additional 6 weeks?  Does this mean the average woman gets 12 weeks of 2/3 pay from the state, with 6 weeks designated as STD, and 6 as FMLA?

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: NJ State Family Leave/Disability Leave -- Figured it Out?

• Options

This was a mystery to me but now i'm a pro:

FMLA: Paid Leave

entitled to:

4 weeks prior

6 or 8 weeks after depending on method of birth

NJFLA:(july 09) Paid:

Additional 6 weeks paid, but entitled for up to 12 weeks of leave

you do get the same pay as the disability and they make it real easy.  about a week or two before your FMLA runs out they send you a form for Family leave insurance if you register online you just go on and fill it out and two weeks later start receiving checks.

I found the state really easy to deal with.  So in all I recieced:

11 weeks pay for FMLA -3 weeks before 8 after

6 weeks additional pay for NJFLI

Hope this helps and i;m not confusing you more!

BFP#1:12/26/08 - Andrew 8/27/09 BFP#2:2/7/11 EDD:10/15/11 M/C:2/22/11 at 6w2d TTC #2 since 1/2011 8 Months with no luck then 11/11-Cycle #1 Clomid=BFN 12/11-Cycle #2 Clomid, trigger, IUI#1=BFN 1/12-Cycle #3 Clomid, trigger, IUI#2=BFN 2/12-Cycle #4 Clomid, trigger, IUI#3= CXL IUI due to poor follicles (just trying the old natural way) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No- thank you, that was quite helpful!  For some reason I thought that you needed to have a doctor's note to receive the 4 weeks before- good to know!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the information. I a having a hard time finding who I contact about FMLA. Is there a website or do you happen to have phone number? TIA :-)
  • Options

My Employer gave me all the paper work and the dr had to fill a section out.  My Dr. told me when i had to go out, I think most will give you what you want. 

Check out the website

www.nj.gov/labor

BFP#1:12/26/08 - Andrew 8/27/09 BFP#2:2/7/11 EDD:10/15/11 M/C:2/22/11 at 6w2d TTC #2 since 1/2011 8 Months with no luck then 11/11-Cycle #1 Clomid=BFN 12/11-Cycle #2 Clomid, trigger, IUI#1=BFN 1/12-Cycle #3 Clomid, trigger, IUI#2=BFN 2/12-Cycle #4 Clomid, trigger, IUI#3= CXL IUI due to poor follicles (just trying the old natural way) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hey,

I hope you can still help me I am a little confused..

So how much PAID leave am I entitled to? I dont have disability insurance or anything like that? i do work for large corporation of greater than 50 employees, and I hve worked for them over a year.

Please let me know,

THanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"