Trouble TTC
Options

7 dpo prog levels and clomid

Am I correct that if i am on clomid my 7 dpo prog levels should be over 15. My nurse just called saying on my second round of clomid my levels were only 11.3. I am crushed thinking this is going to be another bfn cycle yet again. But the nurse said levels over 10 are consistant with ovulation. I asked if 11.3 was low and she didn't seem to know.

Re: 7 dpo prog levels and clomid

• Options
    Technically, anything over 5 is considered ovulation, but 10 is better for an unmedicated cycle and with fertility meds, it should be over 15. However, that number has no indication if you are pregnant or not because it is too early. Implantation doesn't occur until 7-10dpo.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Options

imagekatieranck2202:
    Technically, anything over 5 is considered ovulation, but 10 is better for an unmedicated cycle and with fertility meds, it should be over 15. However, that number has no indication if you are pregnant or not because it is too early. Implantation doesn't occur until 7-10dpo.

- i do realize that it's too early to tell if I am pregnant. I am just concerned that I don't even have a chance of a bfp later this month because I am on a medicated cycle and like you said I thought me levels should be over 15. But I am confused because they said 11.3 was consistant with ovulation. So should I have any hopes of a bfp later this month or because it was under 15 just figure I am out. - Do you have any ideas?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can start on progesterone suppliments (prometrium) to help. Ask your doc for them.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Options

I have an appt tomorrow I will do that.

thank you!

• Options
    With my clomid cycle when I got pg with my twins my 7 dpo level was 9 I think.  I was crushed too.  They said it was consistent with ovulation and I was so disappointed knowing it should have been 15 to be good on meds.  But I did get pregnant and it was fine.  11.3 is decent.  But I know what you mean about being disappointed.
  • Options

imageAlpacaBunny:
    With my clomid cycle when I got pg with my twins my 7 dpo level was 9 I think.  I was crushed too.  They said it was consistent with ovulation and I was so disappointed knowing it should have been 15 to be good on meds.  But I did get pregnant and it was fine.  11.3 is decent.  But I know what you mean about being disappointed.

First of all your twins are BEAUTIFUL. And Second - thank you for the response and the hope. I shouldn't get so disappointed this early before knowing anything and hearing your story definitely brightened my day.

Thank you!

• Options

Mine was 6......SIX! UGH!!

I started the supps the next day and got my DD : )

Ask your RE, GL!!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekatieranck2202:
    You can start on progesterone suppliments (prometrium) to help. Ask your doc for them.

^ This does nothing to help increase the strength of the ovulation. Its already occured. Nor will docs allow you to be in progesterone supps before the O (to aid in the strength of the O) because progesterone itself inhibits O. So this, while a lot of docs do it, only serve to show a false increase in the natural P4 level. It does not help the strength of your O.

FWIW, if you don't get PG this cycle, I'd ask to have the Clomid dose upp'ed. How many follies did you have this cycle, if more than 1, I'd really ask about this with the doc (not just the nurse who apparently doesn't know anything) because under 10 with multiple follies = quite a weak O (which I'm all too familiar with - upping my dose helped this).

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"