Illinois Babies

Recomend your HMO doctor

We are switching our insurance from PPO to HMO...its just make sense.

Can you recomend your pedi and OBGYN?

Thanks.

Re: Recomend your HMO doctor

• I see Dr. Onia @ Swedish Covenant...her office is at Lincoln & Devon - she's GREAT !
  • I think it depends on which provider you have, but I just looked into this myself (we have BC/BS) and they do accept their HMO (thankfully).  My son's pediatrician is Dr. Blivaiss in downtown Evanston.  (Northshore University Health System)  While he is everything I had hoped for in a pediatrician, I especially love the CNP at his office- Nancy Holdsworth (maybe it's Holzworth- we always just call her Nancy) and this is who I generally make all of my son's "well baby" check-ups with because it is so obvious that she truly cares and is so knowledgeable about all things kid-related.  I love her (really LOVE her), my husband loves her, and my son loves her.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm with BCBS IL HMO and my ob/gyne is Dr. Yvonne Wolny at Lincoln Park OB/GYNE

I will be switching to a different network when our LO is born so I'm still looking into pedis...
  • imagengabri2:
    I see Dr. Onia @ Swedish Covenant...her office is at Lincoln & Devon - she's GREAT !

FYI: Dr. Onia just left Swedish to join Drs. Norlin and Tan at Prentice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"