Detroit Babies

Nursing Bra's?

When is a good time to buy the nursing bra's? I keep having growth spurts, and don't want to buy them too early, or too late!

Re: Nursing Bra's?

• I would buy one or two cheaper nursing bras now, then re evaluate your size once your milk has come in and you are sure you are going to continue breastfeeding.

I bought one sleep bra and one regular bra at motherhood when I was pregnant. Once DS was born, I eventually ordered a Bravado Seamless nursing bra, which I absolutely LOVE. But is is kind of pricy, so I would wait until after baby :)

Also I LIVED in my Target nursing tanks the first month DS was here.... in fact I still wear one pretty much every night to bed, and under a lot of shirts. I LOVE them, and highly recommend buying one or two.  

• thanks for the advice!!! i've been all about sports bra's throughout pregnancy but i know i should get nursing bra's when he comes!
  • Loading the player...
  • I 2nd the Target tanks by Gilligan & O'Malley!

I bought my nursing bras at JcPenney, right in the store they had some to try on (or at least they had them in the store 2 yrs ago). 

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I also highly recommend the Target tank tops and I liked the Target sports bra type nursing bra. I slept in that.  I got measured for a nicer, fancier bra when I was in the hospital and I bought one there. Other than that I just used the Target Brand. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I bought two pre pregnancy. One I got my normal size, and it doesn't fit. It will do in a pinch,but I don't like it. The other I bought a cup size up and a back size up. I should've kept my normal back size, but otherwise it's perfect and very comfortable. I bought a Medela one from BRU as well, and I really like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had bought two from Motherhood Maternity that sports bra nursing type pre-baby and continue to wear those to sleep. I have gone through multiple nursing bras trying to find a comfortable one since baby was born and finally found some at Target. My first ones I bought were from the Nurturing Nook (retail breastfeeding boutique inside of St. John Hospital). I liked the ones I got there--there were Medela brand nursing bras- and because they measured me I got a good fit. The problem was they were expensive. The ones at Target, IMO are just as nice and since I know my size I was able to get ones that fit great!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"