2nd Trimester

I'm sorry

I'm sorry I posted about how it's breaking my heart that my cat Reeses is going to a shelter before we move, because we have no other option.

I always thought of The Bump as a support place for other pregnant women. Apparently I was wrong. I don't always agree with what people post here but I would never berate people for what they were doing because it was best in their situation. I just needed a place to "cry" after having the shittiest weekend in awhile. 

So ladies, if you don't see me, I'm taking a Bump TO.

Re: I'm sorry

• I saw you post earlier but didnt reply and didnt read the replies, but rule #1 of the Bump.  Dont let random internet strangers get to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh geez. I just responded to your original post. I'm sorry you are sad about giving up your cat... but I am even more sorry that you didn't realize posting about giving up a pet would get you flamed.

and now, posting a GBCB over it will probably get you even more flamed.

• Loading the player...
  • I missed your post... but regardless, I'm sorry that you got that reaction here. What matters is what works best for you. I hope you don't take a long Bump TO, you'll be missed!

*hugs*

• imagerobinsokj:
    I saw you post earlier but didnt reply and didnt read the replies, but rule #1 of the Bump.  Dont let random internet strangers get to you.

i thought rule number 1 of the bump was don't ever post about giving away pets. it always, always, always leads to flames.

• imagerobinsokj:
    I saw you post earlier but didnt reply and didnt read the replies, but rule #1 of the Bump.  Dont let random internet strangers get to you.

I agree.  I didn't read the entire post after the first page, but we are not in your situation and it seems like you have done everything you can do find a home for your cat.  GL. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How the hell do you think your cat will feel when you leave it in the arms of a stranger, to be placed in a cage that it will most likely never leave except to die?

• The only one I feel sorry for in this whole situation is your cat, who you abused.
  • Get thicker skin. This is the internet.
  • imagejoelen&louis:

I missed your post... but regardless, I'm sorry that you got that reaction here. What matters is what works best for you. I hope you don't take a long Bump TO, you'll be missed!

*hugs*

Yes you will be!  I have followed your story for awhile and if it's what is best for you and your family then do it and don't let the girls on here get to you!

{{Hugs}}

• Honestly, I can't understand how you didn't know posting what you posted would get the responses it did. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I dont know what happened in the previous post but I work with Animal Control and its so much more responsible of you to take the kitty to the shelter than abandon kitty. Just let the shelter know what a wonderful kitty yu have and how you wish you could take it but you cant. They will do anything to get kitty adopted out to a wonderful home. Also another idea would be to see if you have a Petsmart near by. They have adoption companies that have the kittys on display at Petsmart for people to see and choose from. Kitties usually stay only a few days before some loving person comes along.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageslc2b:
    Honestly, I can't understand how you didn't know posting what you posted would get the responses it did. 

There's this too.  It's like posting a huge, flashing sign that reads, "DUMBASS HERE!  COME FLAME!" with sirens going off and confetti sprinkling the air.

• Actually, rule #1 is never GBCN. THat makes it worse.

Rule #2 is never post about getting rid of pets. People here are unforgiving.

• Please don't let these complete strangers get to you.  They all say they would do x y and z and only you know your situation but a general rule is that most people here are bleeding hearts holier then though and well never ever post about giving up a pet, not having enough money and being pregnant, drinking while pregnant, a bad husband and then announce you are pregnant.

the knot, nest isn't all about support it is entertainment really and sorry but women really do attack each other.  The bump and other places are usually very judgemental and mean on issues like this.

• Can you try Craigslist? I know not ideal, but you CAN screen homes. Itd be way better adopting to someone with good vet ref's than just dumping at a shelter.

They hear "but shes so special, please find her a home" every single day.....

And yet many shelters will eventually send the animals to kill when they too get overrun like the rest of shelters. It is unrealistic to think you can rehome, and take care of every animal someone drops off. Some have to die to make space for more adoptable ones.

• I just read your OP and I can honestly say that if it were me I would never get rid of my animal for this reason.  When you get an animal it is your responsibility to care for it healthy/sick whatever.  I just don't agree with your decision but that's my opinion.  Unfortuantely not all ppl value animals the same. 
  • imagesomeflower6:

imagerobinsokj:

i thought rule number 1 of the bump was don't ever post about giving away pets. it always, always, always leads to flames.

I think pets is rule #2.

...and rule #3 is make sure to leave a legendary GBCB.

• GBCN?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I saw your post and wanted to say off the bat that it would get flamed, get C&P'd to the pet board and then get flamed some more.  This happens a lot when someone who is pregnant gets rid of a pet.

You do realize that most of the posters are not even from 2nd tri right?  Its not really us that flamed you.  I hope your TO is short and you are back real soon! 

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • The bump has always been snarkiness & drama, especially lately.  That's why if you don't want a two sided opinion you shouldn't post anything.  I didn't see your post so I'm assuming you DD'd. I think its unfortunate for the cat & yourself that you had to get rid of him/her.
  • For all of you that claim this is a GBCN, its clearly not.  She said she was taking a time out. 
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • imageMrsAmyB:
    For all of you that claim this is a GBCN, its clearly not.  She said she was taking a time out. 

Why announce it..?

• imageMrsAmyB:

I saw your post and wanted to say off the bat that it would get flamed, get C&P'd to the pet board and then get flamed some more.  This happens a lot when someone who is pregnant gets rid of a pet.

You do realize that most of the posters are not even from 2nd tri right?  Its not really us that flamed you.  I hope your TO is short and you are back real soon! 

Ditto this. I thought the exact same thing.

• imagevegandy:
    The bump has always been snarkiness & drama, especially lately.  That's why if you don't want a two sided opinion you shouldn't post anything.  I didn't see your post so I'm assuming you DD'd. I think its unfortunate for the cat & yourself that you had to get rid of him/her.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/28814665.aspx 

• I am not trying to sound snarky or be rude just wondering about another option....I thought you said that this would be temporary?  Could you put your cat in a Pet Vacation type of establisment?  Just a thought! GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry to hear about you having to get rid of you kitty! I would hate to get rid of my dog... but obviously the people who FLAME you dont' have pets and dont' care! I would be where you are! But people on here are just so immature sometimes... and some are just bored enough to start something... but seriously dont' let strangers get to you please! and I dont' understand why you can't post about ur pets on this site... pets are like your children as well ( which obviously if you dont' have them or care about pets then u dont' know that) my dog is just like a child to me! I love it dearly! Couldnt' ever do what you are having to do right now.... Sorry again
  • I am a pet lover but still...getting bothered by the internet should be the least of your worries. No one knows your situation so no one knows what your going through. Keep your head up and I believe you did the best thing that you can do for your kitty.
  • Sorry girl. I'd take kitty if I was closer... I'm a sucker for big fat cats.... but its gotta be short haired or DD's nose goes up in smoke.

I had to put my kitty Pickles down when I was pregnant with DD, its just about killed me

• imageLaurelBee:
    GBCN?

Good Bye Cruel Bump.

Edit: sorry, it's good bye cruel NEST. GBCB is bump.

• I saw your OP and felt sad and didn't read any of the replies. I just went back and read them.

Some people on this forum can be so mean. Try not to let them get to you dear. There are many of us who aren't mean and who do understand.

I've had cats my whole life up until recently. I've also had to give some away before. It's a hard thing to do.

I wish I could hug you through the computer.

*HUGS*

Stay strong.

*edit*

I added more after reading some more responses

People aren't seeing that she is moving into her inlaws and they can't have cats there. They aren't seeing that she found homes for her other 2 cats. They aren't seeing that she has been trying to find a home for this cat and had even tried craigs list so the cat would have a home.

The way I see it, given her situation she is doing the best thing for her cat, whom she loves. She is not parting with her cat by choice or because of it's health problems.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be rude and mean. She is doing the best thing she can.

*sigh* I don't get people sometimes.

Formerly known as "WrightGirl"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i think the nasties are ignoring in your OP where you said you could not take her b/c you were moving and your parents wouldn't let you.....what the heck are you supposed to do?   

yes, you adopt a pet for a lifelong committment.  however, sometimes life changes and you do what you have to do. 

is it a no-kill shelter? 

• I missed your post too hon - I'm so sorry that you have to give him/her up. I can't imagine having to let go of our two, so my heart really goes out to you. It seems like alot of people these days just have no other option.

*hugs* I wish you had another option...

• imageJalynSue:
    I am not trying to sound snarky or be rude just wondering about another option....I thought you said that this would be temporary?  Could you put your cat in a Pet Vacation type of establisment?  Just a thought! GL

Something tells me that if they can't afford to keep their apartment because they are down to one income and got pregnant by mistake, they aren't going to pay for kitty boarding. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hey Sweetie, Sorry I wasn't on here earlier to defend you :( I am so sorry you are going through this! I didn't read the whole other post but if I recall you are moving in with inlaws yes? If you can't take kitty with you thats not your fault, and a no kill shelter is a good alternative. It sounds like you tried a lot to find other places for your furbaby and I think its great you found temp homes for the other two. Don't be gone long because I am rather fond of you. I hope you are doing better soon!

Lovies 

• imageaerobaby:
    I'm sorry to hear about you having to get rid of you kitty! I would hate to get rid of my dog... but obviously the people who FLAME you dont' have pets and dont' care! I would be where you are! But people on here are just so immature sometimes... and some are just bored enough to start something... but seriously dont' let strangers get to you please! and I dont' understand why you can't post about ur pets on this site... pets are like your children as well ( which obviously if you dont' have them or care about pets then u dont' know that) my dog is just like a child to me! I love it dearly! Couldnt' ever do what you are having to do right now.... Sorry again

Really?  You think the people who think this is a bad decision don't have pets so they don't understand?  Ummmkay.  And it's don't.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Really in the grand scheme of things who gives a flying fvck about what any of these people think anyways. Only you know your situation and if you truly believe you have done everything that you can then who gives a shiit. It is one thing to give your opinion but to call someone names is some highschool bullshiit.
  • I don't think you should go. I enjoy reading your posts and I know you posted a while ago about financial troubles and now your cat.. I think the bump should also be a place for support, not just baby related. Hang in there and good luck with the move.
  • imageaerobaby:
    I'm sorry to hear about you having to get rid of you kitty! I would hate to get rid of my dog... but obviously the people who FLAME you dont' have pets and dont' care! I would be where you are! But people on here are just so immature sometimes... and some are just bored enough to start something... but seriously dont' let strangers get to you please! and I dont' understand why you can't post about ur pets on this site... pets are like your children as well ( which obviously if you dont' have them or care about pets then u dont' know that) my dog is just like a child to me! I love it dearly! Couldnt' ever do what you are having to do right now.... Sorry again

WRONG.  The ones who flamed are the ones who have multiple pets and spend their free time and money working endlessly to help the animals like the OP dumps. 

• I wasn't going to say anything because I would end up getting flamed too, but do you people just read the parts you want to and then biitch & complain and call her irresposible? Did you not read the part where she's moving in with her IL's who will not let them bring the cats? And that no one else will take the cat? What else is she supposed to do? She's obviously not taking the cat to the shelter because of health problems, she said she's dealt with them for years and doesn't want to give her cat away. I really don't see anything else for her to do. Yes, it's sad that it's resorted to this, but there's no other options. So, go ahead and flame me too for not saying "you're stupid", I really couldn't care less.
    DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}
  • imagesarah.sarah:

i think the nasties are ignoring in your OP where you said you could not take her b/c you were moving and your parents wouldn't let you.....what the heck are you supposed to do?   

yes, you adopt a pet for a lifelong committment.  however, sometimes life changes and you do what you have to do. 

is it a no-kill shelter? 

If you're an adult you stand up to your parents, and/or find another living situation that you can afford.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"