Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Crap. Work pants don't fit, WWYD?

So I have one pair of pre-preg work pants that aren't hideously tight and I start back on Monday.  I have 7lbs to lose to get to pre-pg weight and I'm assuming the pants will all fit then as they're not too far off right now.  WWYD?

[Poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crap. Work pants don't fit, WWYD?

• Options

Hi there, not sure if you remember me from D&R but wanted to say hello!!!  Your little boy is adorable, congratulations!  How do those pants fit with a bella band?  Perhaps try that first, if not, maybe try buying a few inexpensive interim pants to last you for a few weeks, I am sure those pounds will be gone before you know it.  I am dreading the very thing when I go back to work, I just can't bring myself to wear my maternity pants again so I will probably try the two options I suggested for myself when the time comes.  GL!

Karen

• Options
    My mom got this thingy for me that you put into your regular pants (it only works with pants that have button holes), and it turns your normal pants into "maternity" pants.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought new pants for my return to work.  I did my shopping at Kohls

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to recommend the same thing: Kohl's.  Good place for inexpensive stuff, but they have some cute stuff too!
  • Options

Hey Karen, nice to "see" you and congrats on your new LO!  I haven't actually tried the Bella band yet, I know I hated it with my pre-preg pants when I was pregnant, I'm not sure if it's any better with the maternity pants.

imagedragonsmercy:
    My mom got this thingy for me that you put into your regular pants (it only works with pants that have button holes), and it turns your normal pants into "maternity" pants.

This might work actually, about half of them fit ok in the butt/thighs but the waist is too small.  I'm just so much thicker around the waist still!  It's so depressing, my stomach was always the good part of my body :(  At least my boobs look good...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For Christmas I asked for empire waist dresses.  That way they cover my midsection till I lose these last ten pounds and I can still wear them after I do fit into my prepreg clothes. Its not as easy to pump wearing a dress at work, but it's doable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would try using the bella band with them first.  You may find that even when you get back to your pre-preg size that your pants don't fit the same because pregnancy can sometimes cause body shape changes.  If that's the case for you, you may want to get some new pants then! 
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat, starting back to work on Monday, though I have a lot more to lose than you do. I ended up just buying a pair of plain black pants at Old Navy, and I'm going to the outlet mall this week to look for a few more pairs of pants or skirts. To me, it's worth finding a few things on sale just to not feel miserable and huge! (But, I'm really bad at losing weight, so it will likely be several months)
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageherewegoagain#3:
    I would try using the bella band with them first.  You may find that even when you get back to your pre-preg size that your pants don't fit the same because pregnancy can sometimes cause body shape changes.  If that's the case for you, you may want to get some new pants then! 

I couldnt have said this better. I have known a few people who got below their pre-pg weight and still had to buy some new pants because it just wasnt the same. but then there are those people who wear the pre-pg clothes a week later. ya just never know

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"