Trouble TTC

PreSeed

Anyone have any luck or issues with PreSeed?  Lets be honest... with all this planned BDing, sometimes I'm impatient and just want a quick fix!  I tried it awhile back for a few cycles, but as I wasn't getting PG, I got nervous and wondered if it was hurting my chances and quit it.

(on a side note, DH got his S/A results back the other day and everything was perfect!  At least one of us is good to go ;) hehe) 

Re: PreSeed

• Preseed won't really help fertility unless you're having serious dryness down there and need the extra lubricant.  All preseed is, is a sperm safe lubricant (unlike KY, Astroglide, etc).  I had doctors tell me it wasn't worth the cost unless you needed lube anyways due to dryness naturally or with Clomid.  
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!  Yeah, I know it won't help us, but we like to use it sometimes and I was looking for something that won't kill off the swimmers ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I can tell you that preseed doesn't hurt because I got pg using it, but not sure it helped either.  I was using other methods to help me with pg also.

• From what I've read/heart, it actually can help your chances... it's supposedly more sperm-friendly than your natural secretions, and I guess the consistency and PH helps the sperm to swim and survive, almost protecting them. I dunno how much stock I put in it, but that's just what I've read.
  • We had sucess with it... first time I got pregnant it took 5 cycles but we did not use preseed ( we did not know about it).. that preg ended in m/c. Second time it took me 4th months to get pregnant with ds.. we started using preseed after 2 months.. that said we are ttc#2 and on cycle #5 if I am not preg this month we are going to start using preseed next month.. my ob said ky was ok for ttc.. but I have a feeling it is harming the sperm... I am frustrated and will try anything at this point. 
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"