Boston Babies
Options

Any thoughts on Milford Regional?

I have been looking into where to give birth and leaning towards this hospital.  Other options ar UMASS Memorial in Worcester or St. Vincent's.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any thoughts on Milford Regional?

• Options
    I didn't have a good experience with them, I was there for 5 days at one point when I was in college and I didn't like the nurses. Of course, this wasn't in the maternity ward, they could be completely different. I suggest you go visit them and see if you like the facilty and the nurses there. HTH!
    Momma to four, and we're expecting one more!

• Options

I have two friends that delivered at Milford with out any complaints.

Memorial is known to have a great NICU. 

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know anybody who delivered at Milford Regional, but I have heard wonderful things about Umass memorial.  That's where I'm delivering my first in April.  When are you due? Congrats! :)
  • Options
    UMass is a very popular place to give birth.  I looked into it more and Milford is now owned by UMass and is so much more convenient for me.  Good luck and a H&H 9 months to you, too!  I am due in July, still early but I am a planner. 
  • Options
    i am due at the end of june, and i'm delivering at milford. we live very closeby and i have always gone there for any issues and they have always been great. i have had family members deliver there and they were very happy. You should sign up for a tour! Good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    Hi there... I delivered at Milford Regional (I live in Milford) and had a great experience with all but 1 nurse. I was there for 5 days (c-section).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered in Milford last December and loved it.

I had a really difficult delivery and the drs/nurses were great! The only dr I had any problem with was one I'd had problems with in the past and I only had to deal with her after delivery. My nurse was really great about talking to the dr for me b/c she just didn't seem to want to listen to what I was saying.

DD was transferred to WIH NICU b/c of breathing issues, but b/c of the snow storms when she was born, we were stranded at Milford for a couple extra days (4 total - started shopping NICUs on day 2) and stayed in the parent overnight room beside the nursery.
    After DD was "banished to the nursery" (as we say, b/c her breathing had to be more closely monitored and she was wired up to machines and could not come back to my rooms) the nurses and drs were really helpful teaching me about everything in the nursery, the machine and even just sitting with me beside her bassinet.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"