Health & Exercise

Anyone do South Beach?

I just finished the book and am starting it on January 3.  I am looking forward to it and changing my blood chemistry and losing some belly fat as that has always been my worst area even pre preg.  I hope to lose 20 pounds by April first combining it with working out.  Curious as to others thoughts/successes/tips, etc. regarding it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone do South Beach?

• Sorry, I am lurking on here! I have done South Beach in the past and it works for sure.  You lose a lot of water weight at first (b/c you cut out all bread and sugar) and so it's really inspiring to see the scale change so much.  The thing that was tough for me is that you can't eat fruit for the first 2 wks (weans your body off of the sugar), only veggies and proteins.

One tip - if you work out a lot, you will be HUNGRY.  I would say to focus on the diet first, and just lightly exercise...or you may just pass out! GL!

• We are going to start SB too!  We did it 3 years or so ago and had really good results, especially DH (of course!).  I thought at first it was really time consuming to fix meals since we were going from a lot of packaged/processed foods to fresh stuff that needed cut up, etc...but the food tasted a lot better!

If you google 3 fat chicks on a diet they have a SB forum there, they also had recipes and tips.

Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • I have done it twice and both times I lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks which is a great motivator to keep going.  I am going to do it again once I am no longer breastfeeding.  It works!
  • I really like SBD.  I just started Phase One this weekend.  I did it right before I got married and had great success.

This time I am using the recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen (https://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/).  I have yet to have a bad recipe.  It is time consuming preparing the food, but so worth it!  I am also walking several nights per week with hubs! 

I am new to the forums on The Bump, but not to The Knot.  I dusted off my profile this Holiday season since Hubs and I are TTC since August. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"