Pennsylvania Babies

Poll: How long did it take you to conceive?

In light of feeling a lil' frustrated since it's been 4 months since we officially started ttc, I was curious: how long did it take you girls to conceive?

I'm not out this month yet - still another week til AF is supposed to show (trying to think positively).

Thanks ladies, and hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Christmas/ Holiday. :)  I'm glad I've got some great Nestie friends :)

Re: Poll: How long did it take you to conceive?

• I went off BCP in the beginning of April - I was very lucky that my cycles were pretty regular right off the bat.  We started trying in September (my 6th cycle off BC), but I wasn't charting temps or using OPKs.  I did both in Oct. (7th cycle off BC, 2nd cycle trying) and got pregnant that cycle.  I loved charting & using the OPKs for my own peace of mind - no wondering that way about when I O'ed - and I fully intend to resume it after this baby is born.  The only problem with my cycle/chart was that a week after I O'ed, I ended up with a mild case of H1N1, so my temps were all wacky for 3 or so days right in the middle of my 2ww - so I really couldn't tell, based on my temps, if we were going to be getting a BFP at the end of it.

If you haven't checked it out yet, the GP board on the Nest has lots of helpful advice - the GP board on the Bump does, too, but I preferred lurking on the Nest board due to the less-cliquish nature of those girls.

• It took us about 14 months to conceive....I went off the pill in december of 2005 and didn't get pregnant until february of 2007..I know it can be frustrating but hang in there...I tried the whole temp thing and that made it more frustrating for us...we actually took a break from trying to get pregnant and not really focus on it and the next thing I knew, I was pregnant....
  • Loading the player...
  • 10 cycles (9 months). I gave up and bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility around cycle 8 and started charting. I leanred that because I had short cycles, we were shooting for two days after I ovulated. Charting totally helped us and I suggest that book to everyone.
  • I went off BC February of 2008 and we got pregnant in March of 2009. We knew going into it that it would probably take us longer since my cycles ranged from 60-70 days... although we finally got pregnant with a 30-some day cycle.  I did some charting starting in the fall. While at times I found it frustrating given the length of my cycles, it was very useful. 

GL. While it is hard to be patient, really try to enjoy this time... hopefully you will have a BFP soon. 

• I've been pregnant 4 times now, the first bfp was our first month trying and we used OPK's.   Then I miscarried... took my body 6 months to recover and we used the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor, it worked the first month my body was back to normal cycles.   When we started trying again for #2 I used the CBEFM again and we got pregnant the first month using it, miscarried and started trying again the next month with a very suprising BFP.

I would highly reccomend the monitor.  It's a little bit pricey but it takes all the guesswork out (I also used opks and charted during the 6 months after the first m/c).  I purchased mine new on ebay for much less than they cost in the stores.

Good Luck :)

• Thanks, girls! I did buy TCOYF and it's a good book.  Tried charting this cycle and did well up until about 4 days ago and then I just completely stopped (passed O).  So I need to get more disciplined about that, but based on my chart, I O'd the 14th/15th (?).  DH and I have taken on the "do it every other day from the time AF is over until the time AF shows up."  It's so much fun!!!!! Stick out tongue  I know we'll get our BFP soon - the wait is just awful!  Now I'm just waitin' for either a BFP or AF to show (we'll find out around Wednesday...).
  • It took us 11 months this time..we are currently 20 weeks pregnant with our 2nd little blessing. We feel that this one is an answer to our daughter's prayers for a baby for her birthday...(we found out we were pregnant on her 4th birthday!) I tried keeping track to have it happen sooner, but apparently I don't ovulate until very late in my cycle...which makes sense bc the timeline works out the same way for when we got pregnant with Malia our first. Good luck and try to be patient..I know its really hard to do, but it's the only advice I can offer!
  • I was off BCP for over a year and a half the first time we tried.  We didn't chart or use OPKs or anything.  I got frustrated with my PCOS symptoms and went back on the pill for 5 cycles in November 2007, then when we decided to TTC again in 2008, I got my BFP my 2nd cycle after stopping the pill and using OPKs. 

• I replied to your XP.  Just wanted to say sorry for the couple of less-than-sympathetic posts over there.  It's a tough wait, no matter how short or long your wait is, and the unknown can be the scariest part.  Good luck to you and your H -- hopefully this will be the month!
  • I was off BCP for 9 months before we started TTC.  Got pregnant the 3rd month trying.  Every month with a BFN is frustrating no matter how long.  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A year - on the nose.

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• imagentnylizard:
    I replied to your XP.  Just wanted to say sorry for the couple of less-than-sympathetic posts over there.  It's a tough wait, no matter how short or long your wait is, and the unknown can be the scariest part.  Good luck to you and your H -- hopefully this will be the month!

Was this really necessary?  They settled things over there.

• imageThePastor'sWife:

imagentnylizard:
    I replied to your XP.  Just wanted to say sorry for the couple of less-than-sympathetic posts over there.  It's a tough wait, no matter how short or long your wait is, and the unknown can be the scariest part.  Good luck to you and your H -- hopefully this will be the month!

Was this really necessary?  They settled things over there.

I think it was nice.   Was your post necessary?

I agree, it's a tough wait, no matter how long.  It took 16 months for us but I wasn't ovulating for most of those.  Once we figured out my dx and the right meds (injections, 3 cycles of clomid did nothing but cause crazy symptoms), it took 3 cycles of ovulating w/ the help of Follistim & Ovidrel.

Good luck!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used OPK's and got pregnant my first cycle. I had been off BC for two years. 

I hope you have good luck this cycle!

• Thanks, girls, for the posts.  I'm glad I got some perspective on the issue.  It is hard to wait.  AF did show up (grr! Angry) buuttttt.... DH is just excited we get to "try" again this month (I have to give him an "A" for enthusiasm! :) )

I'm temping and using OPK's this month, so we'll see.

Thanks again for your stories :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"