High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone with Preeclampsia?

Im 37 weeks and my Dr. thinks I might have Preeclampsia. I have to urinate in a jug for 24 hrs and get that tested.. Today's urine was +1.

If you have/had Preeclampsia, what was your BP before they induced you?

My BP today was 140/80. I was at the hospital on Monday due to back pains and it was 138/72. Before this past week it's been 105-120/ 70 during my whole pregnancy. I really didnt think my BP was that high :(

Thanks!

Re: Anyone with Preeclampsia?

• Options

I had PIH with my first pg (never had any protein in my urine) and my dr did my c/s at 38 wks when my bp was 150/110 (she was breech too hence the c/s).

Today, I had high bp again with this pg, it was 138/99 and they did the pre-e bloodwork.  I imagine that I might be looking at a c/s next week. 

I was doing some reading and over 140/90 is what they are looking for pre-e.  But how 'high' your bp is considered is also dependent on your base line bp.  Mine has been higher since my first pg so that may be why they weren't too worried about me today. 

I think they are just being cautious because once your bp starts going up it usually continues and they just want to be able to keep on top of it.  The good news is that you are 37 wks and baby will be fine and this might just give you an earlier than expected induction.

• Options
    I was at 170 over well over 100 when I was hospitalized, but I was monitored closely enough I didn't need to be induced for 2 more months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a "crisis" with my last pregnancy and ended up being taken by ambulance to the highest NICU in the city.  my BP at the time was in the 180s/120s and higher.  I was put on bedrest after the crisis and managed with a ton of appointments, complete bedrest, and a lot of trips to L&D. 

This time my BP started to go up at 21 weeks and didn't go back down. I was put on Labetalol and so far it has kept it down in the 110/65 range.  That is my normal BP.  I did a 24 hour urine and it showed a lot of protein (598, when 300 is considered normal), but my blood work is great.  I just finished another 24 hour urine and will have my results Monday.

My father and uncle are both doctors and they said that BP issues are the number one thing that keep doctors up at night.  I'm glad they are monitoring you closely.  I was able to forgo induction with my last pregnancy as long as my BP was controled with bedrest, and my labs were OK.  I was told the same thing with this pregnancy.  If at any point one of the factors is out of whack, then it is safer for both mother and baby to be delivered.

Good luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delievered at 33 weeks due to HELLP.  I went in for a normal check up and ended up being transported via ambulance to the hosptial b/c BP was 210/125, liver platelettes were very low and had lots of protien in my urine. It's a good thing your doc is aware and monitoring you!!!  I hope all is well and no early delivery!
  • Options

With DD I was incuded at 37 weeks.  Blood pressure started to go up at 16 weeks, was put on procardia, protien in urine at 24 weeks, but not bad, increased at 28 weeks, but still closely monitored, by the time I delivered I blood pressure was not controlled and I was stupid for not being induced sooner but as long as DD passed the non stres test i wouldn't let them take her (didn't care about my condition).  My blood rpessure was over 200/ over 120 when I was induced

Blood pressure has still been an issue since DD was born

This time I had to have meds doubled at 12 weeks (procardia again) small amounts of protien in urine but not constant so doing okay for now. Blood pressure is resting at 149/90 regulary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"