Parenting after a Loss
Options

Let's reflect....this time last year

This time last year I was still pregnant and about to miscarry (m/c on 1/4/09). It's so hard to believe how much has changed in this one year. I am so blessed with my angel Sophia. I wouldn't have her smiley face to look at if it weren't for the events on 1/4.

Re: Let's reflect....this time last year

• Options
    How ironic, this time last year I started to miss carry as well.  But today I am looking at my beautiful boys smily face how great it is
  • Options
    This time last year I was still pregnant, looking forward to my baby shower. Things sure have changed! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One year ago today, I had my beautiful baby girl!! Happy 1st birthday, Jocelyn!

imageimage" mce_src="image">

• Options
    This time last year, I was still in the TWW of a Clomid cycle that I was pretty certain wasn't going to work (and didn't, of course).
  • Options
    This time last year I suspected I was pregnant.  I tested after dinner and got an instant positive!  And this year we have a happy and healthy 3 month old!
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This time last year I was frustrated because my body was all out of whack because of the D&C and I thought it was going to take forever to get pregnant again, but luckily just a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and now I have my beautiful baby girl! What a wonderful year 2009 was, hope you all have a fun and safe new years!
  • Options

This time last year I was showering my sister with baby presents. She was due 2 weeks after I was and I had m/c'd a few months prior. So I was watching her grow and get excited about her pregnancy.  She just found out the gender and I was so sad that I wasn't along for the journey. 

This Christmas we both had our babies in our laps so it was wonderful.

After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i was also pg about to m/c (1/7)...but this year, we are truly blessed with our little angel!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This time last year I was heavily mourning the loss of my daughter and hoping to get pregnant and have another baby in 2009.  

The holidays were awful last year, I am so glad to have Nicolas this year!

Mia Elizabeth 8/19-8/20/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This time last year I was waiting to O after FINALLY getting AF after my 2nd m/c.  (Little did I know I was only 2 1/2 weeks from my 3rd m/c - yuck, but only a month and a half away from my BFP for my sticky baby!)
    BFP #1: 10/22/07; 12/12/07 - Missed m/c discovered, 12/13/07 - d&c
    BFP #2: 9/25/08; 10/27/08 - Blighted ovum discovered, 11/5/08 - b/o confirmed
    BFP #3: 1/19/09 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4: 2/12/09; EDD 10/26/09 - Richie born on 9/4/09 at 4 pounds, 10 ounces
    BFP #5: 5/27/11; EDD 2/4/12 - Sylvia is on her way!
    My Blog Attempt
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was frustrated with my long, non-O'ing cycles, wondering if my body was really taking that long to recover from our loss in late July. In the new year I went to my OB, started Clomid, and here I sit with my little man
    Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last year at this time I was just finishing a horrible AF.  I really thought we were sucessful that month so AF on Christmas was especially hard on top of feelings that it should of been Wyatt's first Christmas.  We were planning on taking a couple of cycles off so I wouldn't be hugely pregnant at my sister's late September wedding but decided to just let what ever happens happen.  So glad we didn't take that break, I got pg with Wesley that cycle.  It all worked out, Wesley came nearly 3 weeks early and was 2 weeks old at my sisters wedding.  What a difference a year makes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This time last year I was waiting for results from testing after 2 m/c's and scared to death to have sex, get pregnant, and lose another one. Not in a very good emotional state at that time! Much better this year! Congrats to all of us for making it here!
  • Options
    I was pg and just had the NT scan which went beautifully. I also remember falling asleep around 9pm on New years. ha!
  • Options
    I was depressed since we were TTC and having no luck.  I think I got pretty tipsy too not think about how sad I was.  I was so looking forward to 2009 to just be here and what a great year it was.
  • Options

This time last year I was still waiting for my betas to drop after my suspected ectopic...I am  still so sad for my loss but like Ellen said - I would never have met my precious little Cole!

Happy New Year EVERYONE!

• Options

This time last year I was pregnant but I didn't know it yet.  I would find out on the 4th of January and then miscarry a couple of weeks later.  I was actually in London, England last year celebrating New Years and trying not to drink alcohol without anyone suspecting I was trying to get pg. 

This year I feel so blessed to be having a "boring" new years at home with my family and new baby!

• Options
    this time last year I was numb.  Christmas and New Year's were a blur, I don't remember anything about them.  I lost Noah on December 11, 2008.  What a difference a year makes...
  • Options
    This time last year I was 6 cycles post miscarriage and pissed I again had af Christmas eve. We tried everything and I felt like giving up so dh and I just stopped everything and went to sedona for my birthday (the 3rd) where we would later find out we conceived Sara! Oh how blessed we are!
  • Options
    This time last year, I was waiting to POAS to determine if I was pregnant or not (I WAS!!!)  and I found out on 1/4!!
  • Options
    a year ago today i was in my best friends wedding and totally bummed and upset that i didnt have my belly to fill out the dress...i was still mourning the loss of our baby girl...a month later...baby kate was on her way!!! Oh what a difference a year makes. Thank you Lord for hope!
  • Options
    This time last year I held DS in my arms and cried with gratitude. (the year before I m/c (my second) during xmas season.  My pg with DS was a hard one - long story so I felt so blessed having him especially in December. Happy New Year everyone. 
  • Options
    I had just been admitted to the hospital for complications and started a long wait for my little love....now she is nearly a year old...time flies...Happy New Year to everyone here!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This time last year I was pregnant with Owen! About 6 weeks, and a freaking nervous wreck. I was also so sure people would notice my fake drinking- yet everyone was to drunk to pay attention!!!

I also remember telling DH to bring me sparkling grape juice so I could fake my champagne toast..... he came home from the grocery store with a carton of white grape juice lol.... Poor DH haha 

• Options
    Your reflection gives me hope for the coming year.  I thought our baby would be here in July.  We are praying for another chance.  Your post gives me hope.  Thank you. 
  • Options

This time last year I was getting my first visit from Aunt Flo post D&C.  I was really sad not to be pregnant but happy to be finally able to start over after waiting 2 months to get that visit. 

Today Dh was being kind of whiney about not having great plans for NYE.  I told him I remember how depressed I felt last year at this time (mostly at Thanksgiving but still a little at xmas) and I told him just to be happy to be where we are this year :)  Turned his day around to think of it that way :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow- just remembered I got my first AF post D&E a year ago tonight. I was so happy to have that start so 2009 could truly "begin" for us. I was also home from Key West and so depressed to be back in the cold.

Also, got so drunk I fell asleep on a floor at a party. Luckily, they are great friends of ours. I did wake up with a blanket. :) 

bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
  • Options
    I found out 6 days prior that I was pregnant and spotting. I remember praying every hour that we would have a baby and now we do. I am so happy this NYE.
  • Options
    This time last year we were finally starting TTC again after my m/c in October. I had just O'd and was nearing the end of my 2WW. I got AF on New Year's Day. I was devastated. Little did I know that in 2 short months I would be pregnant with my little man and my next NYE would be the best yet.
  • Options

Last yr at this time we were still in the saving stage so we could proceed w/ our ivf cycle which we would start in Feb.

2009 was a blessed yr for us! Looking forward to seeing what 2010 has in store for us!

• Options
    me too ellenaxo, same date exactly !!! (sniff)
    BFP #1 = 12/23/08 M/C = 1/5/09 @ 6 w 0 d
    BFP #2 = 3/30/09 DD born 12/9/09
    BFP #3 = 5/17/11 EDD = 1/27/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    18 months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This time last year, I was still mourning the loss of my first baby & I had spent the night in the ER for severe stomach pains. Which turned out to be nothing, but I was so afraid it was ectopic related.

Now I'm sitting here staring at my little man sleeping.

• Options
    I was still healing from my m/c in September.  I had just gotten AF around Christmas and I was so sad not to start the New Year pg..  Little did I know I would be here today with me 8 week early 3 month old miracle in my arms typing away!  WOW what a year!!!
  • Options
    I was mourning my third miscarriage...
  • Options
    I also was waiting to test and then found out we were PG on 1/4! definitely was a different year and full of great blessings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    2.7.08 delivered twin girls at 19 wks
  • Options

I'm a lurker from TTCAL and I have to say I find this post VERY inspiring/hopeful.

I'm praying that I can participate in this thread next NYE and have a happy "this time last year..." story to tell.

(Random, but it seems like a lot of women in this thread found out they were pregnant on 1/4) 

• Options
    This time last year I was pregnant with DD2 and it was 6 months after my mc.
    image image Our Angel baby, lost at 6w6d on 6/10/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"