Alabama Babies

Decade in review (FUN!!)

I saw this on the 12-24 month board, and apparently it was stolen from another board, but it's a neat idea. What has your decade been like? Post your highs and/or lows for each year (starting with 2000).  Here's the link if you don't know what the general idea is: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/28516058.aspx

Now GO!!!

Re: Decade in review (FUN!!)

• 2000:  Finished my masters degree, bought my first brand new car - a Honda Accord (still driving it too!), changed jobs

2001:  Quit my part time waitressing job (that I had FOREVER) - between not having that and school, it seemed crazy only working 1 full time job

2002:  Changed jobs again and prepared to move to the other side of the country

2003:  Moved to San Diego, went to Vegas for the first time

2004:  Met DH in New Orleans, started LOTS of flying back and forth, bought a totally overpriced condo that I ended up losing out on BIG TIME

2005:  Got engaged, DH moved from AL to San Diego with me

2006:  Got married, awesome honeymoon to St. Lucia, had to put down our sweet kitty Savvy (pretty much non-treatable cancer) moved back to AL, started new (well, same company, but still new) job, bought out first house, adopted 2 new kitties and a dog!

2007:  Got pregnant with Jenna, went on a short but sweet babymoon cruise

2008:  Had Jenna (nothing tops the excitement and changes that come with that)

2009:  Got PG with #2, another babymoon cruise, a weeklong trip to San Diego without DD or DH!

2010:  Who knows???  Hopefully a healthy baby boy and lots more fun adventures!!

• 2000: studied in Norway for sophomore year of college

2001: lived in sorority house. Cousin was killed shortly after 9/11.

2002: Stayed busy with college activities. Got award for outstanding junior at UA.

2003: Graduated college, went to Europe, started grad school.

2004: Lost 25 pounds, went to Europe, broke up with boyfriend of 6 years, graduated with my master's degree and started working at my current job. (That was a very stressful year!)

2005: Partied a little too much. met, started dating and moved in with DH.

2006: Got engaged, bought our first house, spent a month in Norway, got married and went on honeymoon.

2007: Basically took a break from the last several years and just enjoyed being married.

2008: Planned my little sister's wedding, got pregnant.

2009: gave birth to DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Loading the player...
  • 2000:  Went to Spain and got accept to Grad School

2001:  Graduated from College and started my masters program; my grandfather passed away

2002:  broke up with college boyfriend and started truly dating for the 1st time--  fuuuuun times!  Apt got broken into while I was there!

2003:  graduated with my masters in healthcare and MBA; started my fellowship and moved to New Orleans; bought my 1st car completely on my own

2004:  generally having way too much fun in New Orleans; started my 1st big girl job; lost my baby cousin to SIDS;

2005:  started dating DH; had stalker who left creepy presents outside my apt. complex; Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA; moved back home; changed jobs and lived with my parents again

2006:  got engaged and married DH; changed jobs again; built a house

2007:  changed jobs yet again - could go into detail, but to summarize, DH was behind every move...long story

2008:  got pregnant and had Robinson at 26 weeks and spent 96 days going back and forth to the NICU; great grandmother passed and my other grandfather passed away unexpectedly

2009:  14 yr old dalmation passed away and my grandmother passed away completely out of the blue (she basically passed from a broken heart and losing my grandfather); quit my job and became a SAHM

Holy crap...I hope the next decade is a happier and less stressful/tragic.  I'm looking forward to a BORING 2010!!

• 2000: Finished my junior year of high school and began my senior year.

2001: Graduated from high school.  Moved to TN and began college.

2002:  Lost both of my grandparents (31 days apart), Went on a cruise with my mom. 

2003: Got engaged (yep, ended up being a LONG engagement...considering we lived in two different states!)

2004: Spent the majority of the summer in Europe.

2005:  Went to DisneyWorld, graduated from college, got my first teaching job, got married!

2006:  Went to DisneyWorld (again), went to Hawaii, went on a cruise with my mom, grandma, and aunt, and went to Savannah for our first anniversary (lots of traveling that year!).  Started grad school.

2007: Went on a seven day cruise for our 2nd anniversary

2008:  Graduated from grad school, got pregnant, went to Gatlinburg for our third anniversary.

2009:  Had Allie

2010:  TTC baby #2 & our 5 year anniversary!

That was hard.  I am sure there were other things, but I think that is mostly the big stuff!

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2000: Started my senior year of high school, started a new job

2001: Graduated High School, Started college, Met my future husband but didn't like him then...lol    At the time of 9/11 my cousin lived a few buildings away from the Twin Towers, thankfully she was ok.

2002: Started a full time job along with school

2003: Still in school and working full time.

2004: Took some time off school. Working full time for the same place I had started in 2000. I got engaged to a guy that I had been dating for a year. (He got another girl pregnant and we split.)

2005: Saw my future husband out at a bar and we started talking (we already knew of each other) and working full time.

2006: I got engaged to DH!!! Moved to Athens, AL Changed Jobs Started school at Athens State

2007:  We got MARRIED!!! Went on a wonderful honeymoon cruise to Mexico! 

2008: I finally graduated! We built our first home! Adopted our doggie Daisy. Changed Jobs again.

2009: Changed Jobs again. Started TTC in July. Stopped TTC in Oct because of our schedules. Got an awesome job after dealing with a horrible job and being miserable. Decided to go back to school for my 5th year degree!!

2010: Start school in Jan! Hopefully i will get knocked-up! Anything's possible!

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • 2000: Moved to Florence and started school at UNA after a tumultuous two years since high school graduation and lots of bad decisions.  I needed a new start. 

2001: Moved into my first ever apartment, turned 21 :), took my first trip to Hawaii with my mom and my aunt

2002: Lost my grandmother on New Years Day, went to Las Vegas for the first time, started working at Sam's Club, broke up with a real jerk of a guy who began stalking me afterwards...would always show up to my work and wait for me to get off..it got to the point where I had to have people walk me out so I didn't have to encounter him

2003: moved to a new apartment, started school at Athens State because I thought I was going to need to move home to Decatur for personal reasons but everything worked out to where I didn't

2004: Met my DH at work, starting dating, got engaged 7 months later (we had a long engagement), moved back home to Decatur and back in with my parents

2005: Started Weight Watchers in January and by the end of the year had lost 65 pounds, had my gallbladder removed in May..while in surgery they discovered a large cyst on my left fallopian tube.  Two weeks later I had they cyst, my tube, and endometriosis removed, I became and aunt for the first time to my fabulous niece Macy in July, I graduated in December (finally!).  

2006: got my first teaching job teaching kindergarten, got married, went on a fabulous honey moon cruise to the Bahamas and Key West, moved from Decatur to Madison

2007: Wes got his job at TVA and we bought our first house, we went to Washington D.C. to celebrate our first anniversary, I started teaching 4th grade and started my masters degree

2008: We decided we were ready to start trying for a baby, we went to Disney World for our second anniversary

2009: Got pregnant, entered the last year of my 20's, became a stay at home mom,  had Aubrey, had the worst two weeks of my life so far while waiting for her test results for cystic fibrosis

I'm really looking forward to 2010...I have lots of goals I hope to accomplish!  

• 2000- best year of college living w/ 6 of my best friends

2001-met DH, DH graduated, bought my first car

2002-got engaged, got my cat

2003-got married, honeymoon, bought first house

2004-went to NYC for the first time, got our dog

2005-got my current job

2006-was in my best friend's wedding, cousin got married

2007-went to LA, preggers for 1st time, ended in miscarriage

2008-got preggers w/ AC, had AC

2009-celebrated AC's birthday, DH's grandmother passed away

• 2000: Sophomore year of college.  Broke up w/ "first love" boyfriend.  Partied way too much. 

2001: Moved into my first apartment, turned 21 ('nuff said),

2002: Interned at company I work at now in Seattle, WA.  Dated a man that helped me figure out what I wanted (and didn't want) in life.

2003: Studied hard, moved into a crazy house with 3 other people and two cats, graduated college

2004: Moved to ALABAMA from Portland, OR alone.  Met DH a month later.  Moved in with robert, Best Friend's brother passed away.  2 of my other best friends got married

2005: Dad passed away.  Got engaged

2006: Married Robert June 23rd, adopted Scout

2007: purchased MY first home, got pregnant and miscarried, had a HUGE blow up drama with my sister, got in the middle of a bad dog fight (it was a pretty dramatic year)

2008: Went to washington DC for a weekend, found out I was pg.  traveled to Maui for business for 2 weeks, had Avery!

2009: got a new job and a promotion! yay!

2010:  the best is yet to come... LOL - hope to have baby #2!!!

• 2000-  Graduated high school

2001- Started dating DH

2002-  Nothing eventfull.  I just did way too much partying

2003- My mom had several strokes.  Stayed at a rehabilatation center in NOLA for a month.

2004- My mom ended up in a nursing home.  DH and I got engaged in Knoxville TN

2005- Hurricane Katrina hit and forever shanged our lives

2006-  We had to rebujild our house after Katrina.  My mom passed away June19

2007- Got married June 8

2008- Bought our first house

2009-  Got pregnant and had our first child

2010-Hopefully great things to come

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 2000-- Survived Y2K, Graduated high school, broke up with then-fiance, started community college at Bevill State, where I cheered for the basketball team.  Lost my grandfather to lung cancer, and my great-grandmother.

2001-- Small town college life, tried to keep my activities a secret from my ex-fiance/stalker.  9/11 changed all of our lives.

2002-- Got a nephew :) Same small town college life.  I loved every minute of it though.  Cheered at Bevill for another losing season, lol.

2003-- Basketball team won state championship so we traveled to Illinois for nationals, graduated BSCC, moved to Auburn in the fall to pursue Pharmacy.

2004-- Decided to change my major...met DH in January and started dating him in June.  Lost 20 lbs!

2005-- Gained some back after getting in a comfortable relationship.  Graduated AU in December, moved to Jacksonville, FL on New Year's Eve for a year-long internship at St. Vincent's Medical Center.

2006-- Had a blast in Jacksonville, I LOVE it there!  Got another niece :)  Graduated internship (and AU again) in December and moved back home.

2007-- Started working in a hospital close to home, got engaged 4/20/07, went to LA for the first time in May, moved to AU in June, started working at EAMC.

2008-- Got married 3/8/08, changed jobs (in same dept) before that, decided to stop BC in May, got at BFP on 9/18/08!  Decided to buy a house.

2009-- Started house-building process in Jan, finished in May, had Jaxon 5/27/09!, moved into the house a week later (that sure was a busy month!)

I can't wait to see what 2010 brings!  I'm hoping to slow down, spend lots of quality family time, and finally get completely moved in our house!

• 2000:  Graduated from high school and started college.  Started dating DH.

2001:  Left my job at the daycare to go back to working at Sonic (more hours= more money)

2002:  Still in college and working, finally got to live in the same town with DH

2003:  Did a summer internship, got engaged

2004:  Started grad school, got married

2005:  Continued grad school even though I knew it wasn't a good fit.

2006:  Decided I'd finish my grad degree, no matter what.  Started to get depressed.

2007:  Realized I was never going to graduate.  Decided it was time to move on and began job hunting.

2008:  Finally found a job (that I love) and moved the AL

2009:  Bought a house; Celebrated 5 yr anniversary

2010:  Maybe baby? (We're going to stop avoiding and just see what happens.  I've been charting (TTA) for 2 years now, but I'm not going to be actively trying.

image imageimagePhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2000 - Spent my summer as a camp counselor at Cosby; Met future DH; Learned to drive a stick-shift; Got rid of my Tahoe and got a yellow Jeep Wrangler

2001 - Lost my Grandmother; Lost my friend, John; Started my senior year in HS; Sold my horse and quit riding; went to Seattle

2002 - Graduated HS; Went to Great Britain with my Mom; got my first apartment (future DH started living there, too!); started UAB

2003 - Joined Alpha Gam and loved every second of being a sorority girl; My friend Catie moved down from Baltimore

2004 - Future DH had a gun pulled on him at work, the freak moved in next door to us so future DH and I moved into a different apartment, Catie, her BF and her brother lived across the hall, we were like the cast of Friends; Turned 21

2005 -  Got our first dog, Frank

2006 - Future DH diagnosed with cancer; we bought our first house

2007 - Future DH finished treatments and in remission, Started working at the Firm; Nephew was born 3 weeks late with MAS, was in NICU on ECMO for a few months

2008 - Got Engaged in May; best friends got married; Grandmother died; Got our big dogs, Leo and Lucy

2009 - Got Married in May, went on the most fabulous Honeymoon in the history of the world; BFP in September 3 weeks after our best friends got theirs;

2010 - Baby girl coming in May!!!

• 2000-Met and dated a guy for a long time, thought he was the one, lucky for me he wasn't.  Going along in college.  Decided to be a traveling nanny for my boss' daughter and went to vegas with her and her family for the first time.  I've worked for my boss since 1998 and he allowed me time off to go on this trips and other trips to help his family out. 

2001-Turned 21, got my mustang and my mom took me to Vegas to celebrate my 21st bday.  My mom seperated from my stepdad and we moved to an apartment. Partied way to much.

2002-Still partied way to much.  Went back to Vegas with my boss' daughter and her kids for the 3rd time.  Went to LA and parited in Beverly Hills. 

2003-traveled to Disney world, had a wreck in my mustang, broke up with said boyfriend that I had in 2000. 

2004-Worked a lot, continued school on and off.  met a bunch of new friends.

2005-Met Dh, my nephew was born. 

2006-Dh and I moved in together, got our first dog Chopper. Worked 2 jobs and lived in a tiny apartment. Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, started treatments.  DH"s grandad passed away, went to Iowa for the funeral.

2007 Got married at the beach, mom finished her cancer treatments and is cancer free, bought our first house, went to Jamaica, one of my best friends got married.

2008-enjoying being married, got our other dog Sway, went to Destin for our 1 year anniversary.  DH"s other grandad passed away went back to Iowa for another funeral. 

2009-Got BFP, my father passed away, one of my best friend's brothers passed away, Did a lot of home improvements, went to Gatlinburg and Biloxi, went back to Destin.  Went to New Orleans for the first time with one of my best friends. 

Looking forward to 2010 and all the amazing things that are in the future. 

• 2000: Graduated... JR HIGH! Lol... started high school. I made cheerleader too... Um, yeah lol

2001: Dated a senior (while a freshman). Didn't make cheerleader for that year so I started doing theatre.

2002: Made cheerleader once again lol. Also did Rocket City cheer for a little while. BFF had a baby at 16.

2003: I guess I just enjoyed high school.

2004: Graduated high school. Moved to Jacksonville, AL to go to college. Had lots of fun.

2005: Fell in love for the first time, got heart smashed.

2006: Changed major to Theatre, partied way too much.

2007: Partied entirely too much. Started working at Papa John's where I met FI.

2008: Jan 1st 2008 FI and I became an "official" couple. "Quit" college.

2009: 1st anniversary. Got pregnant. Had William.

Today is our 2 year anniversary and I am so excited to be a mommy! Oh yeah, I'm also going back to school!!!

• I love this!  I think I may steal it too. :)

2000: Got laid off.  Was unemployed a few months.  Started another job.

2001: Went back to school.  Realized that going to school full-time and working full-time doesn't work for me.  Lost my granny (my last grandparent).

2002: Changed positions in my job.  Lost my uncle.

2003: Made another attempt back to school.  Met DH.

2004:  DH and I moved in together and later got engaged.  Quit my job and started nursing school, but was unsuccessful.

2005: Got married.  Moved into our house.  Started a new job at my current company.  Got accepted into nursing school a 2nd time.

2006: Made a 2nd but unsuccessful attempt at nursing school.  Went full-time at work where I started my current position.

2007: Went to New Orleans with DH (this was a pretty uneventful year)

2008: DH got into the ROTC program.  He went to training for a month as it was our longest time apart, which was really hard on both of us.  We found out my aunt had lung cancer.

2009: New Years Day we lost my aunt to lung cancer.  DH went to another ROTC training where he didn't pass an event, thus he got kicked out of the ROTC program.  Went through some friend and family drama.  

I am glad to see 2010..... 

Siggy coming soon....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"