Baby Showers
Options

Shower 911

We have to plan our shower ourselves because if we don't it wont get done. My mom volunteered and hasn't done anything yet, not that she doesn't care she's just busy enjoying being divorced. But if I give her task here and there she can help.  This baby #2 for me and it's a boy my Fianc? is set on a Dallas Cowboys theme. He's really excited because our daughter is 3 and his 4 yr old was born at 27 weeks so he and his X did not have a chance to have a shower. So he See's this a wonderful opportunity, I like the color scheme but I don't want it look like a super bowl party. He wants mini Cowboy helmets on the table and star confetti as centerpieces. Can someone help me find a happy medium please.

Re: Shower 911

• Options

I like the cowboys theme! If he wants it crew it just go with it...you can eaily morph it into a cowboys and indian type theme if you like...cowboy western theme etc....it could be a fun eclectic mix of cowboy western 9cow print and bandana) and cowboy NFL... =)

and My moher in law and mother are both the same shower disapointment. My mother in law told me months ago the shower will be the beginning of January....and i told her i would help and what doe she want me to do? he aid plainly "nothing"...inferring that he would take care of everything...yeah right...here we are the beginning of january and he i the one who ha done NOTHING....nice....real nice. I;d rather her not offer to do anything at all frankly! Then maybe someone else could have had the chance to throw a shower for u...but NooOOoo she insisted she wa going to do everything....GRRRrrR....my mm is not much better but at least my mother calls and aks for an invite list and what have you...my mother in law just get pissy and makes excuses.

So we'll have my mother's shower 2 weeks before i'm due!! ahhh!

and my husband's friend's mother offered to have the shower at her house but it has to be in 2 weeks!!! ahhh!! and we have to plan it!! ahh!!

=)

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through the same thing. My MIL to be has not offered to do anything. She asked when the shower was my Fianc? told her and she said "I don't know if that will work I might have to work that day." My fianc? said thats fine if you cant make it our baby shower doesn't revolve around you. She then said she wont by a gift if she doesn't come, because she wants to see me open it. She's nuts!! What she really wants is for everyone to see what she bought so she brag about it. We told her oh well thats on her if she wants to be that petty. The funny thing is she works for the state and had to throw 2 showers for co-workers at work and she begged me to help because she doesn't know what to do. I ran all over town with her buying supplies and organizing the shower for her. But now for her own grandchild she wont buy a gift regardless if she make it or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not trying to be snarky at all (if the tri boards get a hold of this, you're really in for a bbq) but just wanted to say that showers for 2nd babies are not really customary.  Most people do not expect to have one at all.  So throwing your own is in really bad taste.

If I were you, I would skip it. JMO

• Options
    imageladyjester:

Not trying to be snarky at all (if the tri boards get a hold of this, you're really in for a bbq) but just wanted to say that showers for 2nd babies are not really customary.  Most people do not expect to have one at all.  So throwing your own is in really bad taste.

If I were you, I would skip it. JMO

This.

• Options
    I would agree with the last two posters.  What you could (and should) do is throw a "meet the baby party".  That way you could do the Cowboys theme and really "run" with it.  The guys will love it I'm sure.  You can also be much more casual...which it would be anyway with a theme like that.
  • Options

I don't really even want a shower I rather spend my money buying what we need for the baby. My fianc? is the one who wants the shower.I know it's not customary but my mom offered to throw it and my best friend did as well. So  I never expected anything. They thought it was a good because I gave away all my baby stuff. I even suggested the meet the baby idea to him but he wasn't having it. So far we have bought a few big ticket items and I rather just gradually buy things each month then to spend hundreds of dollars on a shower. So I understand where your coming from, I even told him I feel like this is more about him than the baby.

Oh kinda off topic,  I had a big shower for my daughter and someone stole a $100.00 gift card I was so devastated that someone would take money from a baby. There were so many people there and some brought guest as well we had no idea who did it. At least if we have a meet the baby party there wont be anything to steal!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"