Boston Babies

Great Obgyn's in Boston? Boston hospitals? Expecting end of August/begin Sept.?

Hi Mommys,

I just found out I am expecting. I went to my primary care Dr. today and she gave me a few names and numbers of Obgyn's from different hospitals.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on Boston Obgyn's and hospitals,good or bad. I kind of had B & W in the back of my head,but open to where I will be treated the best.

Also, is anyone else on here in the Boston area due in August or September? I am new to this site and still trying to figure it out. I would love to make some new mommy friends and share this journey together with gal pals :)

Thank you in advance!

ItalianBostonMommy

Re: Great Obgyn's in Boston? Boston hospitals? Expecting end of August/begin Sept.?

• Welcome!

I am also new here. I am due August 21! I am planning on having my baby at the Cambridge Birthing Center with a midwife. I hope to have a natural birth in an alternative setting. I have heard great stories about the birthing center and my sister had her baby there 9 years ago.?
    ?
    I have also heard great thing about Newton-Wellesley and WInchester Hospital.?
    ?
    I live in Roslindale and would also love to connect with a group of mommies to share this journey!?
    ?
    Stephanie?
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I absolutely love my OB, but she is MFM. Dr Terri Marino at tufts medical center. She does an US at every visit b/c she's a little OCD, which I LOVE, personally.

• Loading the player...
  • I love Winchester OB/GYN (but their office is in Woburn)!
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• I'm in the same boat, due August 17.  I've heard great things about Mt Auburn in Cambridge and the midwives there that work under OB's.  I too am trying for a natuarl Bradley method birth.  There is a session called "meet the midwives" where you can learn more about their philosophies, the hospital etc.  I recoemmend that go to their website...www.mamah.org

Ive heard good things about B&W but not so great things about MGH.

If you go to www.meetup.com there is a Boston preganant mothers group!  I just joined and we're planning to meet in January.

• Hi Ackaim,

?I just looked on meetup.com, what is the name of the group? There is one for new moms, but it is a closed private group.??

• I'm delivering at Emerson Hospital... I go to Kramer OB/GYN at Emerson - they're all really great and you're guaranteed to have one of the three doctors deliver your baby - no residents, other doc, etc.  Plus, they just redid their birthing center and it's amazing!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!  I'm due in July and we're using Beth Isreal.  You can take hospital tours to decide which hospital is the best fit for you.  Good luck finding a fab OB  Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekates2480:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I absolutely love my OB, but she is MFM. Dr Terri Marino at tufts medical center. She does an US at every visit b/c she's a little OCD, which I LOVE, personally.

I'm another Tufts MFM patient! :] 

• The meet up group is called "first time pregnancy support" and you have to fill out a brief questionaire and then submit it to the group coordinator.

www.meetup.com/first-time-pregnancy-support

At any rate, we are meeting up for dinner at 6:30 pm Thursday, January 28th at Kingston Station nearDowntown Crossing.

• I highly recommend Brigham and Women's.  I am due in May and we are extremely happy there.  I have had several friends deliver there and have never heard anything bad.  The nurses are amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"