Attachment Parenting
Options

Carrier for toddler

We are going on a cruise in Feb. and I would like to have a carrier with me. DS is very "mommy attached" and wants me to carry him all the time, having back issues makes this very hard. DS is 16 months and 23ish lbs. He likes walking around but mommy is still better. I have a really old ring sling (with plastic rings) that DS is not interested in sitting in (we did the hip carry). Any suggestions? Under $100 would be best. We are ttc #2 so if #2 could eventually use it that would be an added bonus. Did I mention that I have been eyeballing an ergo for months and just am not convinced yet?

Re: Carrier for toddler

• Options
    for a toddler, I really like my Ergo.  It is not as comfy as a woven wrap, but it is quick and easy for all those up and downs.  If you want to use it for a baby, you'd have to get hte insert and I have no experience with those, I just wait and use a woven until they are bigger.  If you really think you'd like an Ergo, GO FOR IT!
  • Options
    If the cruise is in Feb, you have at least a month to look for a used Ergo on CL/eBay!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Be sure to check out diaperswappers and thebabywearer they both have FSOT (For Sale or Trade) forums that tend to have some good baby carriers used for less than $100.

On a side note I just bought a Pikkolo with Christmas money for $90 (used on DS).  You should check into those.  I don't have mine yet but really liked the reviews and that my DS will be able to face outward when he wants as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"