Houston Babies

heard a romor and very worried

someone told me that they didn't think kingwood hospital allowed you to keep the baby in the room overnight.... has anyone encountered this or different. Of course, I am meaning only in a situation where the baby is completely healthy.

I really want my baby with me all the time, or as often as possible. I am afraid i may need to find another hospital and therfore OB

Can someone please reassure me that my friend is crazy and the hospital will let me have my baby overnight

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: heard a romor and very worried

• ok so i obviously cannot spell i meant rumor not romor, lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't know, but you could always call the hospital and ask their policy if no one here delivered there.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Kingwood back in April and kept DD with me overnight and as often as I wanted. They would only take her for testing/shots, etc. but other than that I had her with me in the room. Unless they have changed the rules since April, what you heard is not true.

I do know that you can't have other children in the room overnight - they are strict about anyone under 16 visiting.

EDIT: Just called the maternity ward and they said that you are allowed to hav eyour newborn with you whenever you want given they are completely healthy and have no fever, illness, etc.

• thank you thank you thank you... my source was a friend who had a friend who has a toddler and my friend wasn't even sure if her friend wanted the baby with her overnight so I was a little sceptical (sp) of how reliable the info was... so it was a couple yrs ago too.

thanks!

• the longer i live in baby world, the more i am amused by how urban myths surround hospitals and birth. there is rumor after rumor about what they do to your baby, how they treat you, what's going to happen. it's kind of sad, really. as if pregnant women don't have enough to worry about already!

i think women's is the worst. people are always giving skewed statistics and "i hear they do X" when i had 2 fine experiences there. were they perfect? no, but i rarely hear anyone that doesn't have an off nurse or something else...

anyway, i would be surprised if any hospital had "no baby at night" policies in this day in age.

• I delivered in Kingwood and it's the mothers decision if she wants the baby in the room with her or the nursery.  Don't worry!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"