Multiples

how do u clean ur dr. brown bottles

Can u boil the parts to the bottle?? Cleaning these is getting out of control!!

Re: how do u clean ur dr. brown bottles

• that's why i would only use those as a last resort --- way too many parts- esp for 2 babies!  We love the MAM bottles... they have an air vent system- but not too many parts, and don't leak like Avent.
  • I was given some Dr. Browns and some Born Free bottles. I just washed them in the dishwasher but honestly, they both have so many parts it is crazy. I can only imagine after babies get here trying to keep everything organized. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been using dr. brown's bottles from the start and I don't think they are too bad...I put them in the dishwasher and I have 2 dishwasher baskets for the parts...I put the nipples in the special holders on top of the basket and the other small parts go in the basket...I just line those long tube right through the top of the basket (not necessarily in the special "holders")...there is really only the tube part, the stopper to the tube and the nipple cap and nipple that we use (only use caps/covers when heading out)....hope that helps!
  • We have 16 bottles and I wash them each morning  I used to wash them in two baskets in the dishwasher just like the PP, but it left a reside.  I put all the parts in super hot soapy water in a big bowl, let them soak, and then rinse them in hot and then cold water.  While they soak I wash the bottles in hot water with a bottle brush.  It was a pain at first but we've got it down to a science now.  We just fill them all in the morning and we are ready to go all day!
  • we have enough bottles to get us through the day and then i hand wash once a day (mostly because i dont run the dishwasher ever day). its a pain, but now just part of the routine. 
  • I have twins....the best advice I got was just have 2 bottles(one for each), no more.  I actually use 4, but it still cuts down on all the washing.  I hand wash in warm soapy water.  Sterilizing is unnecessary and too time consuming for me.
  • They are a PITA but I really like the bottles... I hand wash them most of the time when I get a chance with hot soapy water & bottle brush and put some in the dishwasher whenever timing works out. I have enough to last a day but I still wash them as I go for the most part since we don't run the d/w every day and having them all pile up would make me nuts. 
  • We wash them in a tub of hot sudsy water, and yes it's tedious, DH heard they were the best and since DS was having gas issues, he wanted to switch from the ultra easy playtex. I was not keen on the idea........
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i LOVE my dr. browns, btw, and yes they are annoying to clean. so worth it though. i did a test and used advent bottles, cheap bottles and dr. browns. they definitely cut back on spit ups--- WAY back! we used to get bathed in spit up! i put the nipples in hot soapy water and wash them by hand. then, i put the other parts in a basket for the dishwasher. i put the straw-like things in the straw holders on the dishwasher. this is the way that i have found gets the parts clean for me. the nipples get a residue in my dishwasher and the other parts get a residue if i don't dishwash them! i wash mine every night before we go to bed so that we can start the day off with all clean bottles. i tried just having a few bottles, but it was such a pain to clean them constantly. i found that having a full days supply is the best for me.
  • Dishwasher -- get some baskets and run that baby every day.  Just rinse all of the parts after the feeding and load the washer to run every night.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • btw, that little brush that comes with the bottles definitely helps when you hand clean them. i also love the dr. browns bigger bottle brush. it has this suction thing so you can keep it upright on your sink so it doesn't get gross. it is worth an extra $3-4 just for that!
  • I put all the parts in the Medela microwave sterilizer bags; so easy and quick. My girls both take so well to the Dr. Brown's that I love using them. And it takes 3 min. in the microwave to sterilize the parts, so not an ordeal, IMO
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh I hated cleaning those Dr Brown bottles. I am such a neat freak that I couldn't stand having them drying on the counter all the time and all those pieces drove me insane. Now I'm using Avent because my babies were still gassy/spitty with the Dr Browns.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"