Two Under 2

Poll for those with 2u2 now!

1. What do you find the most challenging? And 2. What has been easier that you expected?

Re: Poll for those with 2u2 now!

• 1.  Getting everyone ready to physically leave the house every day.  It is exhausting, but once we are out I am so glad we went somewhere just to get out of the house

2. The whole thing has been easier than I expected, but I guess the way DS interacts with DD.  He is just so cute with her and adjusted SO well.  We didn't do anything to prepare him either

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • 1.  It's a toss up between the hardest thing.   One is leaving the house (completely agree with pp).  It takes us almost 2 hours start to finish if we need to leave by a certain time to be somewhere.  The other thing that it most challenging for me is dinner time.  DH works 18 hour days and doesn't get home until about 7:30.  It's a bit challenging to get dinner for DS (#1), feed DD (#2), and get dinner ready for us as well all at the same time!  I'm normally pretty fried by the time he gets home!

2.  The thing that has been easier than I expected is DS (#1).  He hasn't been the least bit jealous and really loves his sister.  When we play in his playroom, he puts toys in her swing so she can play too!

Overall, it really hasn't been as bad as I thought.  When I got pregnant, I heard horror stories about how difficult things were going to be...I admit I was pretty freaked out!  The first couple of weeks were trial by fire but now we're in a pretty good routine!

• Loading the player...
  • I've done 2u2 twice..........

1. Most challenging: Being completely sleep deprived and having to function during the day with a toddler and a newborn (or a preschooler, a toddler and a newborn!)

2. Easier than expected: How quickly I was out and about after having the kids. It was 2 weeks PP that I ventured out. Also, BFing my 2nd and my 3rd now, was MUCH MUCH easier.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Most Challenging - .  There are moments when they both cry for you at once - that can be rough.

Easier than expected - all of it.  I don't find having 2U2 that hard.  Although now that I am big and pregnant again - it is very tiring.  I'll get back to though when I go to 3U2. 

• 1. Schedules and interacting with both at the same time (DS is starting to get jealous) - feedings, playing together, etc. Also, I agree with getting out of the house in a timely fashion. Oy!! I try to get everything ready and loaded beforehand but sometimes it just doesn't happen and it takes about 20+ minutes to just get out the door!

2. DD is SO chill and laid back 99% of the time. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby and with DS it's great cause he is really, really fussy. Still. 

• 1.  Toss up between getting out house and bedtime.  DH works nights so I'm alone dealing with toddler bedtime routine and a cluster feeding infant.  #2 loses her mind between 8-10 pm if she is not attached to my boob.

2.  Dealing with the crying, much easier than I thought it could be with 2.  #1 is so wonderful to #2, we haven't dealt with any problems.

• 1 - trying to manage my time between them. I'm constantly feeling like I'm letting DD1 down by not being able to give her 100% of my energy/attention.. and then I feel guilty for not being able to hold and "play" with DD2 as much as I did w/ DD1 at that age. DD2 is only up for an hour before she needs to nap again and those single hours go by so fast!

2 - Honestly, the whole thing is WAY easier then I expected. DD1 was a super difficult (colic) baby who rarely slept. DD2 is super chill and always smiling and happy and is already STTN. I find 2u2 to be kind of easy at this point. We've been getting out and doing everything I was doing before w/ just DD1, taking her to all her activities and everything no problem :) And I even feel well rested and haven't needed to nap since DD2 was 2 or 3 weeks old. I know it will probably get harder as DD2 gets more mobile, but for now it's pretty easy overall.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Most Challenging- neither child STTN so my husband mans Ryan and I take care of Brennan. Both of us are totally sleep deprived.

Easier Than Expected- running errands. The thought of mananging two at a store was scary but it's not as hard as I would have thought. My toddler really steps up to the plate in these situations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"