Attachment Parenting
Options

Woven ring sling question

I'm expecting another baby, and would like a ring sling for when the baby is first born.  I found that the stretchy moby fabric wasn't supportive enough and the wrapping a bit complicated.  Does anyone have a ring sling recommendation with woven fabric?  I saw an Ellaroe ring sling that looked nice.  Are they good for breastfeeding? 

Webmistress, I'd especially like to know what ring sling you have on in pictures, and whether you like it or not.

Re: Woven ring sling question

• Options

I have a Neobulle woven wrap conversion - love it! DS is just under 19 pounds & it's very supportive. I got it here:

https://www.slingsilove.com/sbp-girasol-ring-slings/cat_49.html

Sorry it's not clicky, using Safari on a Mac. Mine is a Simon.

SBP is the lady that does the conversions, so you could also order a rebozo length wrap & send it to her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!  Are you able to nurse him in it?  I have the Ergo, and I plan to buy the infant insert for it, but I can't imagine being able to nurse in it.  That, and I can't really sit comfortably in the Ergo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, that's the main reason I got it. DS is easily distractible & really hard to NIP. I haven't perfected nursing while walking yet, but I'm working on it. I can easily sit & nurse him in it though. I move him into a cradle-ish position & use the tails as a cover. I also have a BH mei tai & could never successfully nurse in it. Short torso + floppy boobs = fail. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My RS is a storchenwiege.  They just started selling RS so you no longer have to get a conversion done to their woven wraps to get one!  I love it.  My ds is nearly 20 pounds and it is quite supportive. (I have a stripe pattern that is going to be a bit more supportive than the leo, but the leo is a bit softer i think)  I have another RS that I made and there is no comparison!  I nurse in it frequesntly in the cross cradle hold.  The tail on it works as an easy cover if it is needed.  Otherwise I use it tummy to tummy.  For long carries, I def prefer my woven wrap, but my RS is an important part of my collection!  Oh and fwiw, www.MyLittleMunchkinShop.com has free shipping on them right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"