Attachment Parenting

WebMistress - and other ring sling users...

Does your LO sleep in the ring sling? I got my SBP sling for X-mas and we love it... But can't figure out head support when he falls asleep? Tried to just pull fabric up over his head, but then we just lost the pouch for his bottom... We are doing tummy to tummy. Perhaps I just need more practice?
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011

Re: WebMistress - and other ring sling users...

• Hmmm, he's only fallen asleep in it twice, so I'm trying to remember. I usually use it for out & about & he's too busy checking everything out to sleep in it. Mine is a Neobulle wrap conversion, which from what I understand is a wider wrap than most. I'm able to pull it fairly high up his back w/o losing the pocket. Honestly I'm still practicing too. It seems like I can get a great pocket about 80% of the time, other times I keep having to adjust. I've had better luck with the hip carry or an off center tummy to tummy. Maybe try pulling it up some before you tighten the rails? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is the Neobulle as well... He just dozed off this morning in it and I wondered if I was missing something obvious. Thanks :)
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • When my LO would fall asleep in my RS (a storch) his head is usually laying on my and really doesn't need much support as long as I'm not trying to do anything crazy.  I just use my hand to support him if I need to bend over or something.  That being said, I can pull the fabrick up and secure his head somewhat and keep a good base under him.  maybe just some practice?  Ringsslings are kind of an artform..they take some time to really figure out well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"