Multiples
Options

Tell me I'm just paranoid

But I feel like my belly isnt big enough for twins.  I can feel them moving, but I'm very short and thin and feel like I should be showing more.  And, I feel like my belly has gotten smaller the last couple of days.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me I'm just paranoid

• Options
    you probably haven't gotten smaller, you have just gotten used to your new body :)  Sometimes I got alot bigger in a short amount of time and sometimes I didn't change for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Could it just be that the babies changed position so your belly changed shape?  I think as long as you feel them moving all is well, but I am not an expert :)
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel the same way.  I am going to be 33 weeks and the comments about me being so small are really starting to get to me.  :)  The girls get measured again on Monday so I am hoping for big numbers.

• Options
    I'm sure you are just paranoid.  If the babies look good on u/s, I'm sure you are fine.  Maybe you just carry them toward the back and maybe your placentas are anterior?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People tell me all the time that I look small for carrying one baby -- let alone two.  But both babies around the 70% percentile, so I know they are doing well.  You might carry smaller than most and that is OK!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get the same thing. People are shocked I have twins in there. My fundal height measures at 33 weeks, which is pretty small for 31 week twins, but they're in the 60-something percentiles on ultrasound.
  • Options

I heard all the time that I wasn't big enough to be carrying twins.  They were 5lbs. 13oz. and 6lbs. 12oz. when they were born, so they were definitely not small.  Baby A (Eli) was wedged down into my pelvis and Baby B (Ben) had his head up under my ribs, so they were kind of hidden behind things, which was why I didn't stick out as much as some people thought I should.

If the u/s says everything looks good and your weight gain is fine, don't worry.  There are lots of places for those babies to hide in there!

• Options

You will get mixed comments throughout your pg. I was constantly told my belly looked "tiny"---flash forward to 38 wks+ and I got the "wow!" double take at my gigantic belly. And put yourself next to a singleton pg bump (my sister and I carried at the same time, her with a singleton) and they will start with the big bump comments.

The bump will change as the babies change positions. Like others said, if dr. is happy with their progress, don't stress over the bump size. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry, as long as the babies are measuring ok.  I always was told I wasnt big enough to be carrying twins and didnt even wear maternity pants until 23+ weeks but towards the end, I was pretty darn big and definetly looked like I had 12+ of babies inside of me.
  • Options
    im 28 weeks and dont look any bigger than 5 months... i also wake up sometimes and think my belly is smaller than the day before.  my dr says its cause the babies move positions. he also says it doesnt matter how big my stomach is as long as babies are growing.
  • Options
    I've been measuring almost 9 weeks ahead in fundal height measurements and I still get the "you're tiny" comments. It really drives me nuts! But, I just have to remind myself that people just don't know what they are talking about. I think the most annoying comment I got was from a fairly recently pregnant woman who claimed she was much bigger than me when she was as far along as me. I wanted to scream, "Oh, you were measuring full term at only 30 weeks? Wow, I couldn't tell in any of your pictures!" Instead I just smiled and said, "Everyone's different I guess" and then complained to my DH the whole way home :) Anyway, the point was I don't think people have a frame of reference when it comes to twins and just expect us all to be massive!
  • Options
    Only be concerned about what your Dr says. Everyone told me I was small as well for twins and i only ever measured 2 weeks ahead. Actually my Dr even told me that I would be lucky if they were both 5lb and they were born at 6.9lb each at 36.5 weeks. Your belly also moves as they change position. No worries.
  • Options
    Everyone tells me I am small too and their sister's cousin's neighbor is as far along as i am with one and way bigger etc. It makes me upset, but they don't know what they are talking about.  Both babies measured perfectly on Tuesday so I know they are growing like the should so i try not to worry about it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry unless you go for an ultrasound and they are measuring small.  I am also short (although not a short as you are) and while I am starting to feel big, when I look at other women's belly pictures, I am probably not bigger with my 2 than many are with a singleton.  I don't think that being short/thin actually means we get to show more, unfortunately.  But my boys are measuring right on, and that is all that matters.
  • Options
    You're paranoid!  I have been told that a lot, too, like a lot of the others who've responded to your post.  It's amazing that two little bodies can fit in there.  Isn't it? 
  • Options
    They may have just shifted positions.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"