Multiples
Options

Should I be putting them to bed earlier?

My babies are 7 weeks old... We usually do our last feeding of the day around 10-11 depending on how the day has worked out. They are usually napping a little bit in the living room with us before this feeding and then we get them into bed... which sometimes takes until one! They are still napping a lot through out the day if that makes a difference...

Re: Should I be putting them to bed earlier?

• Options
    If you can get them to a 7/8 bedtime that's great -- we couldn't get ours to a bedtime before 11:00 until about 3 months or maybe a bit older.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

we didn't do an earlier bed time until about 5mo... before that they'd have a bottle around 7pm and usually fall asleep shortly after (downstairs with us) and then we'd wake them for a dream feed around 10pm for their last bottle - and put to bed.

around 5mo we started to skip the 10pm bottle and they did fine- so we then put them to bed around 7:30 (when their older brother goes to bed)... it's also when we switched them to their cribs and not in the cosleepers in our room - so it worked out well to have the earlier bed time then... before, when they were in our room we brought them to bed when we went to bed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We do the exact same thing Goldie. I'm glad you mentioned when you switched them to cribs because I was also wondering about that!

• Options

We did that with our DD, for us it was a mistak.  My poor DH had to go to work the next day and would be dragging because by the time we got her settled and such it was after midnight.

So with the boys I watched for their ques.

I noticed around 6-6:30 each day they started to lose it, so we set their bed time at 715.  We did 715 - even though they were ready for bed by 630 only because my DH would get at 630 each night and it was just to crazy at that time and around 7 was a bit more calmer.

Now by 715-730 each night we are upstairs getting them ready for bed and they are in the cribs by 8.

My DD who is now almost 3 - is a horrible sleeper and last night we couldn't get her to go to bed until almost 10.  This has been a on going issue with us and among other things I think it has a lot to do with how we set her schedule when she was younger.

They say you shouldn't put babies on a schedule that young, but we did because we had to otherwise I would go nuts.

Have you tired moving their bedtime back some?  Start slowly say first night 10, next night 945, etc...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"