Multiples

Intimacy with your partner...

I'm 5 months pregnant with triplets and have no interest in sex merely bc I feel SOO big and disgusting. Does anyone else feel this way? I thought 2nd trimester I was going to get my sex drive back...

Re: Intimacy with your partner...

• You're not alone!  I didn't get my sex drive back at all while I was pregnant...and good luck to DH now that I'm not getting any sleep :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i felt like that too. still had sex until the end though because it still felt good. DH thought i was beautiful (i thought he was crazy). when i got really  big it was just too much work (about 32 wks). GL.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I had more sex the month before we got pregnant than we have had this entire time being pregnant. It is actually DH who has made it that way, though bc early on our peri said that it could cause preterm labor (something in the semen) so DH has been reluctant to do anything. Of course my hormonal self thinks the real reason he's not interested is that my belly is huge and boobs are saggy. Se la vi.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sex life went away a while back.  The last few times we did, I had cramps all day afterwards and it freaked DH out.  I feel sorry for DH, but at this point it's hard to even think about
  • I could probably almost count the number of times we've had sex since I got pg.  I just go so big and uncomfortable so early.  When I was pg with DS1, we still had sex as often as we did pre-pg.  Can't wait to get the approval from my OB (and today's our anniversary, no nookie for me Sad).
  • my husband and I decided not to have sex at all during the pregnancy. We're just too paranoid. I have had some pretty sexy dreams though!!
  • sex? whats that?  lol.  we are both too paranoid. and to be truly honest after months of treatments, sex on command depending on what the ovulation kit said, hormone shots etc, the break is actually ok for us.  replaing it with affection, cuddling, kissing and verbal intimacy has been nice.  I know a little mushy, but still.  he is more paranoid than I am for the record because I have tried  so he has no one to blame but himself lol   
  • I think there is hope for after pg - we do it more now than before we got pg.  Probably bc there is no pressure of trying to get pg and infertility treatments. We didn't do it for the last 2 months of pg bc I was HUGE and it was just ridiculous. GL!!
  • It sounds as if you don't want to have sex because of how you look right now. That part I can relate to, although my DH has a whole different take on it. He absolutely adores the belly and thinks my carrying his babies is the sexiest thing. I on the other hand still have my doubtful moments. We have had sex all the way up till this past week when I started having PTL issues. The two biggest suggestions I could give you are this... 1) Talk with your DH about how you are feeling and see what he has to say. I would be willing to bet he does not see your belly the way you do. 2) Try a lot of different positions. Find something that is comfortable because the bigger you get, the more uncomfortable everything seems to get. Get creative and see what happens.

Good luck to you and remeber, if all else fails, we are only pregnant for a little while. Wink

https://barnettjourney.blogspot.com/
  • The last time we had sex was somewhere in month 3...it was ok but since then I've lost all interest and he admits that he is a little scared too.  So we too have been connecting in other ways.  I am hoping our sex life will eventually get back to the one we had pre babies...
  • We have not had sex since the BFP. I am too paranoid. 
  • Ditto Nikki.  Plus I was put on pelvic rest due to placenta previa.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"