Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

crying myself to sleep (vent)

I made the special effort to stay up late last night so that FI and I could have some "us" time when DS finally went to sleep after his midnight feeding. Not two minutes before I got up to lay DS down, FI fell asleep. I tried to cuddle up behind him, and he yelled at me. Of course, he doesn't ever remember anything that happens after he initially falls asleep, not even his dreams, so he doesn't remember it. But it still made me feel like crap.

So I cried myself to sleep over the next two and a half hours, and as soon as I finally started to doze off, DS woke up again. 

I feel more like a dairy cow right now than a person. And whenever I try to talk to him about it, he just doesn't get it. He might physically be around, but I need some attention and affection. I'm occupied with the baby almost all the time. And when I try to make time for us, he doesn't even care.

I know, I'm whining. But I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Re: crying myself to sleep (vent)

• Options

I did this a lot while pregnant, because the sex stopped when the belly got big. I repeatedly told DH I felt like he didn't think I looked good to him anymore because the affection slowed down.

My first few weeks I felt just like you too- more like food than foxy.

Is he helping take care of the baby? The two of you sitting on the couch sharing the baby could help- even that closeness makes me feel better.

If the baby is content for a bit, leave him in his crib or where he is and snuggle with your DH. tart that earlier in the evening. For mine, you have to get the affection thing in his head before midnight, or else he is too tired to start.

• Options
    Im so sorry, but definately know how you feel. My dh hasnt tried to have sex with me since I was 14 wks pregnant. Im afraid we will hit a year without it. He did not find me attractive at all while I was pg, despite my efforts to control my weight gain & I worked out every day. Since having the baby, I have lost all the weight but am still not myself and he always makes comments about milk leaking from my boobs. Im pretty sure he is still repulsed by me. im soo exhausted I dont care if I dont have sex, but I feel like total crap about how I look
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same thing going on here as with 4realyo.  He keeps making comments about how I he's going to make sure I have the time to get to the gym- it's sweet that he's giving me the time but the comments come from thin air which makes me think my belly is what is prompting them.  And he will barely even kiss me... I'm just Mommy right now, not sexy wifey anymore :(
  • Options

Glad to know it's not just me. DS is only two weeks old, and I've already almost lost all my pregnancy weight, so I don't think it's that. FI has always thought pregnant women are beautiful anyway. I think there's more underlying all this. I just hope we can work it out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"