Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

DH needs advice for painting stripes

Just wanted to see if there was a way to prevent the colors from bleeding through the tape?

TIA

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: DH needs advice for painting stripes

• Options

I have heard rubbing a thin amount of painting spackle will keep lines crisp. Although we tried it with our stripes and got a little bit of bleed through still.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've heard that frog tape is best but I'm not sure it that's only advertising - I don't know anyone who has actually used it. I'd ask at your local paint store (not Home Depot - people who actually specialize in paint). https://www.frogtape.com/  I've also heard that if you paint a VERY small amount of paint over the edge of the tape and allow it to dry then you will prevent paint from bleeding under.  You should also remove the tape while the paint is still dry. Otherwise if the paint dries in one piece over the wall and tape it might come off of the wall when you pull off the tape (if that makes sense) Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto on the Frog Tape -- I've heard it's really good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Put up the tape and paint on a layer of clear glaze over the tape. You let that dry and your real paint won't bleed through. That's what I did and it turned out perfectly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

These are the stripes I helped my daughter and son-in-law paint in the nursery.  We used blue painter's tape and rubbed it down with a credit card and ended up with perfect lines.  It's easier than you think, the taping for 6 colors is what took the most time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"