Attachment Parenting

Baby K'Tan

I asked about this a few days ago on 0-3 and someone suggested asking you ladies. =] 

Does anyone have it? Do you love it? Hate it? If you do have it, what are some issues (if any) you have had with it? Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby K'Tan

• We have one. DH tried it out (I haven't used it due to c-section) and for now he prefers the regular ring sling while she is so small. It is easier to get the baby in and out of.

He thinks it will be great once we can use the more interesting positions.

Overall, we like it a lot. It feels very secure.

Link to previous post with DH and k'tan (pip)

• I LOVED ours.  DS napped in it every single day (2-3 times a day) until he was 5.5 months.  It was a godsend.  To me it's kind of a Moby for Dummies - little to no learning curve, but the same effect as a stretchy wrap.  Perfect for newborns.  I've moved on to different carriers (and have tried them all) now that DS is so much bigger, but we couldn't have lived without the K'Tan for months.

The only con I can really think of is that they aren't one size fits all.  DH and I each had to get our own.  But otherwise it's fabulous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one and I LOVE it for my newborn! He screams for the first 30 seconds he's in it, then he completely passes out and will sleep in it for hours! It's very comfortable and he looks so cozy inside. I've only used the cradle position so far because he's so young. As others said, the drawback is that it's sized for the wearer, so usually mom and dad both won't be able to use it. And I love that it's an easier version of the Moby - it has two large loops that you change around to get different positions, so there is less fabric and nothing drags on the floor!

FYI - They sell it on Target.com for $40. Usually it's $65 on their website or at boutiques.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what type of carrier to move on to when he gets bigger?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"