Washington Babies

Good Excuses (Potty Training related)...

So we're trying to do the non-pushy version of Potty Training in our house because we don't have the time off yet to do a naked week or anything.  So we are CONSTANTLY asking Caden if he needs to go potty.  Well lately these are his reponses:

"My booty doesn't want to." or "My peepee doesn't feel like it."

Can you argue with those statements?  Nope, not really.  But they can make you giggle. 

Re: Good Excuses (Potty Training related)...

• HA HA that is funny!  At least he just isn't going unlike mine who took his diapers off this morning and threw poop around the room ICK!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • imagetfarabians:
    HA HA that is funny!  At least he just isn't going unlike mine who took his diapers off this morning and threw poop around the room ICK!

OMG!!!

Melody that is so funny!! 

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, cant really argue with those excuses!
  • Gotta love the toddler negotiations.  haha
  • lol, gotta love it!

We go thru the SAME thing EVERY night.  Before storytime and getting jammies on we ask "do you need to go potty?"  NO

*Right at* lights out, everyday, she says, "I gotta go poop".  OK Fine.  On the way to the bathroom, she says "no poop, potty".  (Like poop is a better guaranteed to get her a free pass out of bed) 

DH takes her to the bathroom (i'm nursing Ryan in his room)  she goes potty.  She gets her bribe of a stamp, lipstick and 2 mini M&M's.

She comes into Ryan's room and says.  "Mommy, I got M&M's.   I got lipstick.  I got a stamp."  Nods her head and off to bed she goes.  EVERY SINGLE NIGHT we go thru this routine.  Down to the same verbage.  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • don't ask him if you don't want an answer.  tell him it's time to try.  he doesn't have to go, but he has to try.  set a timer that goes off every hour or whatever and make it the timer's responsibility... "oh hear that?  The timer says it's time to try, let's go"  Or give him a choice of trying in the upstairs or downstairs bathroom, or some option that gives him some control but still makes him go give it a shot.

It cracks me up how they talk about potty stuff though - it always makes me laugh.  Ben likes to show off his poops.  He calls you in to look at them and then he JUMPS up off the ptty for the big reveal.  Once he said it was a family b/c there were a couple little ones and one big one (the daddy).   My favorite though was how he noticed that his penis would move up and down while he was pushing to get a poop out.  He thought that was hysterical!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"