Multiples
Options

maternity leave....check!

any advice on things to do before the babies are born?  other than sleep of course.....

Re: maternity leave....check!

• Options

I went over my due date and at the end, I was glad to help those last extra days go by by getting organized. Plus, dh couldn't be there for 1st 5 wks with DDs, so I wanted to be prepared for me being solo w/ them:

Baby Changing Station--I was sure to have all my P & NB sized diapers and wipes within reach of my changing table, had a stack of clean changing table pads in a basket near by, had alcohol and Q-tips, nail clippers, thermometer, etc.in bin *Came in handy once they arrived and I had no time to waste when trying to change them

I put away the majority of my maternity clothes (I kept comfy sweats out in case I had a C/S...which was my case). I also got organized with putting out nursing camis, bras, granny panties (believe me, if you have a C, you will be VERY glad you wore these ugly but comfy undies!!)

Filed away all medical stuff from pg that I knew I wouldn't do or have time for once the girls arrived. Made sure I had pediatrician picked out/set up for when girls were born

Made sure I had all "new mommy" stuff in bulk: i.e. pads (for pp bleeding), tucks (just in case!), ibuprofen or tylenol, breast pads (to prevent leaks if you pump or BF), nipple gel soothies (if you BF or EP)

Baby Feeding "Station": bin with nipples and bottle caps, premixed formula (sold in little cans...I added to them with what the hosptial gave free), mini fridge (to store leftover BM or F), basket of burp cloths on stand

Made sure all their clothes, blankets,etc. were pre-washed and put away (I sorted by size..i.e. drawer of NB clothes and onesies, etc.) 

I wasn't able to do this, but my sis who was also pg cooked and froze meals so that she wouldn't have to fuss with dinners once baby arrived.She said it really came in handy those 1st few wks!!

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thank you!!  and congrats on your little ones:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"