Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How many bottles do you own?

I keep reading on here about moms hating to clean out a days worth of bottles and it got me thinking, we only have 2 bottles in our house.  We only steralize once a week, but clean the bottles out with hot soapy water after each feeding.

How many bottles do you have and how often do you clean them?  I would love to have backup for the DH to prove we need more bottles and don't have to clean them as often!

Re: How many bottles do you own?

• Options

We have nine bottles. I don't use all of them everyday I use like two over and over during the day and then take two fill with water to our room so I can mix up night time bottles when he wakes up.

I usually try and wash everything at the end of the day, but if I don't get a chance I am not screwed for the next day. So I can go about every other and be fine. 

• Options
    oh and I sterilize them once a week too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have 3 - we use only 1 per day on average, otherwise he nurses. They go in the dishwasher every night and I probably sterlize every 10 days or so...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have seven and  it is great to be able to prefill them and stick them in the fridge.  seven bottles lasts us ALMOST 24 hours.  We do feeds every 3 hours.  I just clean them with hot soapy water and sterilize once or twice a week.  I started ouot with three and quickly realized it would be a lot more convenient with more.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

www.teamtravis.info
  • Options
    I have 8 bottles (enough for a days worth of feeds). I wash them once a night  in the dishwasher along with our dinner dishes and make a pitcher of formula (Dr brown's pitcher is awesome). It has become a nightly routine and I don't mind it.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    We have 5 4oz ones and I think 7 8oz ones (not using them yet though).  I BF but tend to pump and bottle feed a lot when DH isn't working.  I like having a few because I prefer to clean them in the dishwasher (I don't trust that I get them clean enough in the sink) but we usually don't have a full dishwasher load every day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have 8 Dr. Brown's 4oz that I use regularly for formula ... I wash and sterilize what I use every day (the microwave sterilizer makes it super easy).

I have 20 bottles that fit my breast pump.  I only have so many because they serve as freezer storage containers, too.

• Options
    We have about 20. I know I know that's ALOT! To be fair I only bought 3 pre baby but when he was born he had pnemonia and was transferred to childrens hospital. He was intubated and fed via iv an feeding tube so I had to pump for the first 5 days. Anyway they provided bottles And nipples for me to pump in and I couldn't throw them away so I kept them. Now I have 20. :-/
  • Options
    I only have 1, although we rarely use a bottle at home.  MIL has 3 bottles at her house.  I have to clean all my bottles from pumping all day every night though & the pump parts.  It sucks.  I never sterilize.  I wash everything by hand at the end of the day. Although, if DH brings me home a new dishwasher, I will probably just start throwing them in there!
  • Options
    We have 7 4 ounce Dr. Brown's bottles and 12- 8 ounce bottles.  I take 6 of the 12 8 ounce bottles to my MIL's ( she babysits Ollie) and we will use the rest at home once he starts taking more than 4 ounces at a time.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We exclusively FF, though.   3 are 4-oz bottles, so those are only used for "snacks" now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"