1st Trimester

Anyone else more congested?

I have to blow my nose every morning, and I feel like I'm constantly clearing crap out of my throat. Every once in a while it feels like it's in my chest. Anyone else???

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else more congested?

• i had a sinus infection/cough/cold for 3 weeks. MISERABLE.
  • Yes.  I usually cough a little in the morning - I feel like I have mucos in my chest.  I'm sneezing more, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • This doesnt feel like a sinus infection, i certainly know what those are (ugh).. this is just more congestion. I should have added to this post i've turned into a major hypochondriac since finding out we're expecting.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm definitely more congested.  Nothing that is keeping me from falling asleep thankfully, but I'm constantly using a kleenex to try to clean out my nose and at night it feels like I have to keep swallowing mucus.  Ew.  Sorry.  But yes, more congested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes - congestion is a common PG symptom.  It's because your estrogen goes all sky high & it's called rhinitis of pregnancy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ohh yeah. Loving it. :(
  • Yep my nose is always feels stuffy now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES I have had it for 3 weeks.. and my dr. said it is pregnancy induced due to the increased progesterone levels.  She also said it is possible that it could last for the entire pregnancy (my SIL's friend had that happen)!  Ugh.. I will take it over puking any day though!
  • Oh yes, I have terrible pregnancy rhinitis. Got it at 5 weeks with DS and it didn't go away until a few weeks after he was born. The worst is when I swallow all the post nasal drip while I am sleeping. Then I wake up super nauseated. With DS I also used to get nosebleeds with the rhinitis while I was sleeping, and I would throw up all of the blood and junk in the morning. I tell you this not to gross you out but to let you know if you throw up blood because of the rhinitis, don't automatically freak out.
  • Yes, and it was the same my last pg.  I hate it!
  • Yes, me too but I thought it was just that time of year! It's kind of a funny congestion. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • can I suggest a WONDERCURE?!? I got a sinus rince (I know it sounds gross) its by the makers of the NettiPot (NeilMed at Walmart)but uses a little more force than gravity. Its all natural and clears you up within a day or 2. Its been getting everything out so it doesn't go down my throat and settle there and I am a changed pregnant woman!
  • imageJen_3334:
    Yes.  I usually cough a little in the morning - I feel like I have mucos in my chest.  I'm sneezing more, too.

This. 

• YES! I thought I was the only one, as I hadn't read anywhere that one of my major pregnancy symptoms would be extra congestion (on top of what I already have from allergies). ?My DH says that I have started to snore, and I wake up with my mouth feeling like it has been stuffed full of cotton. Ugh.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mommas I have gotten to know!

Addie Grace at 8 months - you will see plenty of her in our 365 Blog!

August 23, 2010. Best day of my life.
  • Yes me too....my nose feels so stuffy all the time, and half the time I have to sleep with my mouth open...we all know how attractive all that drooling is! And today my ears started popping uncontrollably everytime I would swallow! Annoying!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • definitely!  I was sick until just before Christmas and I had a few days of relief but since have had booger-itis, sneezing which started just a couple of days ago, what feels like chest congestion and an itchy throat which I think is from sucking up boogers (which I try not to do).  I'm glad to see that I am not the only one.  I may try getting a Neti Pot soon because this is getting a bit too annoying.
  • MAJOR CONGESTION.

stuffed up nose, sore throat. ugh, totally sucks.

the congestion is ridiculous though.

so hard when you can't take anything for relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"