2nd Trimester
Options

UTI ... or no?

I know that when you're pregnant, you're just supposed to pee more. BUT, recently, I have been going to the bathroom a lot more. For example, I work an hour from home and this week I have had to stop at the rest stop between work and home almost every day. I can't make it an hour. And tonight, I went and used the bathroom, washed my face, and by the time I was drying my face I had to go again! I do drink a lot of water, but I haven't upped my water intake, the only thing that has increased is my peeing frequency. At this rate, I'll be up all night going back and forth to the bathroom.

My question is, is this just pregnancy-related (is my uterus pressing on my bladder?) or is it a UTI? I have read that UTIs can lead to pregnancy complications, so I'll probably call the dr. tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone here has had this frequent bathroom trips. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI ... or no?

• Options
    If you're not having pain/back pain or blood in your urine, you probably don't have one.  Call just in case to make sure you're ok though! 
  • Options

imageIheartkevi:
    If you're not having pain/back pain or blood in your urine, you probably don't have one.  Call just in case to make sure you're ok though! 

This is what I thought, but I have been diagnosed with UTIs in the past when the only symptom was the frequent need to go and then only a little coming out. I will call just to be 100%.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was suspicious I had a UTI too. Sometimes I have to pee hourly and its only a small amount and I have to go so bad!

But there's no smell, no pain or burning, and my urine is clear not cloudy.  So I'm pretty sure its just a pregnancy thing, but I will mention it to my doctor on my next visit.

• Options

You need to speak with your doctor.  I have been having cronic UTIs my whole pregnancy and have had no symptoms other than frequenct urination.  I have had no pain, no blood, no burning, nothing.  But I had been told that going to the bathroom a ton during your second trimester can indicate a problem.  Sure enough, I have had UTIs since I was around 15 weeks. 

Be careful with UTIs.  If not taken care of, it can travel into your kidneys and cause an infection there which can cause you to go into early labor.  It happened to a friend of my family and I am not taking any chances.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"