Toddlers: 24 Months+

I strongly dislike Baby Bear

It drives me insane that Sesame Street actually has a character that speaks in that stupid baby talk voice.  Every time he is on screen I cringe because it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Re: I strongly dislike Baby Bear

• Hahahah!  I forgot who you meant and then it dawned on me who that was...you're soooo right!  It's almost hard to make out what he's trying to say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I couldn't agree more!  DH can't stand him either.  Every time Baby Bear comes on, DH groans.  lol.  We've had many a Baby Bear discussion.  Ha ha ha.
  • Loading the player...
  • my friend feels the same way! I love him though.
  • I also can't stand him. I don't understand why children's shows think it's cute to have characters with speech impediments. It's not exactly modeling proper speech for toddlers. Ming-Ming also drives me nuts.
  • Me too!  We watch Sesame Street on demand quite a bit.  I try to screen out the Baby Bear episodes, because I can't stand him.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I feel the same way about Elmo and there is no avoiding that fuzzy red PITA- he everywhere!  I can't stand that he refers to himself in the third person.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Hizzo:
    I also can't stand him. I don't understand why children's shows think it's cute to have characters with speech impediments. It's not exactly modeling proper speech for toddlers. Ming-Ming also drives me nuts.

I don't think it's just that they think it's cute. I know that I've read about both the Children's Television Workshop and the girl that plays Ming Ming talking about making kids feel included, whether you're talking about a kid in a wheelchair or a kid with a lisp.

I'm not saying it's not annoying but my 7yo nephew has bad scarring in his ears which affected his hearing for a long time and therefore his speech, and so he sounds more like a 3yo with a really great vocabulary when he talks. He appreciates characters that are hard to understand, like him. He personally loves Stitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"