Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Mommy fail!

im not even sure I should post this...you may think Im horrible but......

So we are trying food with the girls and M is not handling it very well. Her GI doc wanted us to do cereal for 4 weeks before adding food. For the past 3 weeks we have tried 4 different times to feed her cereal. Each time resulting in hours and hours of refluxing and spitting up. So we would stop for 4 days to get her reflux back in order and then try again.....after the 3rd time I called the GI doc back. Food should help reflux not make it worse. So he says today to try a food and see if she does the same thing. So sweet peas it is. K was ready for real food today so it worked out.

K.....eats it right up while M desides to be a demon and rasberry anything that comes near her mouth. BUT she was not refluxing like before so I kept trying. Then I saw her licking it off her bib...so its not the taste that is freaking her out its the spoon! EURIKA! She is used to getting her reflux meds on a spoon so she is freaking out. 

heres the bad part....get ready....

I NEEDED her to eat it so we can see if there is a reaction per docs orders so I took out a medicine syringe, filled it with peas and squeezed that puppy in her mouth. Embarrassed  I have to say the result was GREAT. I put it in her mouth but not the back so she would taste it and by golly...she didnt cry or spit up. Made faces but hey, thats to be expected.

Oh, and no reaction....yippppppppy!

::okletmehaveit::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mommy fail!

• Hey, ya do what ya gotta do.  No flames here.
  • how is that bad? that sounds positively GENIOUS to me (sorry for all the bad spelling)
  • Loading the player...
  • i am shocked that at this age they associate the spoon and meds.

to be honest, I dont see a problem with what you did. I think you had to do it to see. maybe a different color spoon? maybe this one has the smell of her meds on it. I dont know...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would call that a mommy success, not a mommy fail! Good for you for figuring out what her issue with the spoon was!

I'm glad there was no reaction to the peas. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is not a mommy fail, very creative!
  • No flames from me.  No harm no foul!
  • Im so relieved that Im not the only one that thinks this is genius!Stick out tongue
  • Pretty sweet if I do say so myself

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. At least you didnt stick it in a bottle...teehee

• Good job!  On wholesomebabyfoods.com they also suggest using a finger instead of a spoon.  It sounds like she may still have the tongue-thrust reflex, and if it is that, it should go away soon!  What's the saying- Ingenuity is bred out of necessity?  Flexible thinking will get you anywhere as a mommy!
  • tru dat. i mean who the hell would do such a thing?!?!
  • tru dat. i mean who the hell would do such a thing?!?!

ETA: ummmmmm.....this should have been quoting Tabor. lol
  • Hey if it worked who cares! Yay for her doing well with it though.
  • Awesome! I have no clue why anybody would flame you for this. You did what was necessary and it wasn't hurting her or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"